Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Case for GoPro Hero 7 Black when using Mic Adapter

Hi everyone,

I just bought the Mic Adapter for my GoPro Hero 7 Black. However, I just realised that I can't insert it using the standard case (the case seen here, if you're in doubt: http://www.trinyt.dk/2018/09/gopro-hero-7-black-in-depth-review).

So what do I do? If I connect the cable without the case I can't really attach the camera to anything. Is there another offical case (or unofficial case) that can be used together with the Mic Adapter?

Cheers,

Jeppe

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Case for GoPro Hero 7 Black when using Mic Adapter

Hello @jeppeschau27. The side door to the charging port can be removed while recording in order to connect the mic adapter. This video shows you how. Caution must be taken for such a setup though as it leaves the camera exposed to dirt and possible water damage. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @jeppeschau27. The side door to the charging port can be removed while recording in order to connect the mic adapter. This video shows you how. Caution must be taken for such a setup though as it leaves the camera exposed to dirt and possible water damage. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thank you for the quick reply. I didn't knew this until now.