Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Case for GoPro 3 doesn't fit with LCD backs

Hello,

I've just re-discovered my GoPro Hero 3 , rahter then buy a new one I opurchased the LCD screen which works great, however the 3 Backs that came with the LCD are too small and won't lock onto the Hero 3 Casing, any ideas what can be done ?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Case for GoPro 3 doesn't fit with LCD backs

[ Edited ]

So I guess the latest edition of the LCD only ships with the backs for the "slim" 40 meter casing.

And you have the Hero3 60 meter housing.

All these housings are now discontinued from GoPro. But many dealers still have stock. There are also 3 rd party options.

There has been backdoors available as spare parts from GoPro as well. Failing that either:

Ifyou want the heavy 60 meter housing look for the official DIve Housing but be sure to exmine that it has the extra doors for the LCD. I think it has. GoPro SKU is AHDEH-301.

Or get the complete standard housing for the Hero 3/3+/4. SKU is AHSRH-401 which will take the smaller back doors delivered with the LCD.

GoPro also made the special editions black out housing and camuflage housings which might be found at some dealers. These will also take the smaller LCD back doors.

So there are options.

View solution in original post

slim_houisng.jpg

All Replies
Highlighted
Nomad

The later LCD was delivered with backs for both the Hero3/diving housing (60 m rating) and the slimmer housing (40 meter rating) used on the Hero4-series.

So if the backs don't fit you have the wrong back or the wrong housing.

Your best bet might be to source a completely new housing with the propper backs for the LCD.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hello,

thankyou for the reply.

i've only just brought the official GoPro LCD from Amazon and it came with three backs, none of them fit the housing for the hero 3 which came with the Gopro when I purchased it.

The question is then, do I need to but new housing and if so which one, or just a back that fits my housing....

Rob

Highlighted
Nomad

[ Edited ]

So I guess the latest edition of the LCD only ships with the backs for the "slim" 40 meter casing.

And you have the Hero3 60 meter housing.

All these housings are now discontinued from GoPro. But many dealers still have stock. There are also 3 rd party options.

There has been backdoors available as spare parts from GoPro as well. Failing that either:

Ifyou want the heavy 60 meter housing look for the official DIve Housing but be sure to exmine that it has the extra doors for the LCD. I think it has. GoPro SKU is AHDEH-301.

Or get the complete standard housing for the Hero 3/3+/4. SKU is AHSRH-401 which will take the smaller back doors delivered with the LCD.

GoPro also made the special editions black out housing and camuflage housings which might be found at some dealers. These will also take the smaller LCD back doors.

So there are options.

slim_houisng.jpg