Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Cant place order for battery.

Here's something - if you add a camera to your bag (like the cheapest Hero 7 Silver which doesn't even have a removable battery) and then add Hero8 batteries to the order, you can add up to 10 batteries.  After 3 it automatically switches to ground shipping.  As per the rest of this thread, this is totally nuts on GoPro's part!  Why can't they do ground shipping like this for the batteries alone?

But since they do offer free returns I guess you could pay up for the Hero 7 Camera, get the batteries you need and then return the camera and get a refund?  I'm thinking about it, since Hero8 batteries are all out of stock in the UK and goPro are not responding to this issue in anyway...

Screenshot 2019-11-06 at 13.07.16.png
Highlighted
Tourist

Apparently the UK is now on par with the US, but this ground shipping is still no option for the EU-UK.

Highlighted
Hiker

Bonjour ,

Ne perdez plus votre temps : je viens d'avoir gopro au téléphone.

C'est une stratégie commerciale : aujoud'hui il n'y a pas de commande de batterie envoyée sans commande de caméra ! Smiley Surprised

Donc rien à voir avec du transport ou une histoire de lithium....

Personnellement je n'ai JAMAIS vu çà : ont ils des soucis d'approvissionnement ?

çà serait interessant qu'ils nous repondent sur ce sujet...

Cordialement 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello Everyone!

As previously mentioned, an order for a battery/dual battery charger must come with a product using the battery (like a camera). There is also a restriction globally as to how many batteries can be contained in a package being shipped via air. These restrictions are placed on us by the shipper and not something we can control. You may be able to find a local retailer that carries our products.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

EJ

I love the way you have totally missed the point wow.....

regards Terry

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Did he really read all the above posts? Looking at his reaction he probably didn't.

I now fully understand how GoPro went almost bankrupt, the management doesn't listen to their customers.

But once more for EJ: All shipments for Belgium and Holland come from one of your two hubs in Holland, mine came from Moduslink B.V. In Apeldoorn. UPS always uses trucks and small vans, not a plane to get a GoPro product 100 km to it's destination over here. There is NO AIR transport for these two countries. So your answer doesn't make sense.

And local stores don't have stock or very limited, but certainly don't offer 50% reduction for GP+ members.

Highlighted
Tourist

But to all those unlucky customers who want extra batteries, like said above order a camera with your spare batteries and send it back for a refund, if we all do this the problem we be solved very fast I guess!

Highlighted
Hiker

Thanks aragon1006 for your response but if you read through the posts on this thread you will see you missed or ignored the points that many have made.  Namely that you can ship batteries via ground shipping without any issue. And even if you ignore that point and try to follow the guidance of buying extra batteries when you buy the camera, that is not possible if you do a trade-up purchase since you are not allowed to buy extra batteries at the same time.  

I can't find anywhere in the UK that has a Hero 8 battery in stock.  And certainly not at the GoProPlus discounted price.

So I now have my nice new Hero8 but desperately need another battery which I can't get.  Is this how you really want to treat your loyal customers?

I know that you could find a solution to this if you tried by using ground shipping (which is already offered if I buy a camera and more than 3 batteries at the same time, I tested by adding a Hero 7 Silver and 10 batteries to my basket and was offered ground shipping automatically).  If not then I can only draw the conclusion that this is some cynical commercial decisions rather than a logistics one.

Could you please revisit the thread and see how many of your customers you are alienating with your response, and provide a better one?

(Also sent to you via a DM - please respond publically on this thread)