Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Cant place order for battery.

Hallo

I get the same error on checkout

"Es tut uns leid, aber aufgrund der neuen Versandbestimmungen dürfen wir weder einzelne Akkus noch drei oder mehr Akkus mit einer Kamera zusammen versenden. Bitte ändere deine Bestellung entsprechend, um fortzufahren."

I just want to order ONE battery and nothing else in adition.

That sould be possible?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Sightseer

Ist diese Vorschrift der FAA auch in Deutschland? Ich kann nicht einen Akku kaufen! Irgendwie müssen die lokalen Händler auch die Akkus und Kameras bekommen haben. Bitte um Rückmeldung
Highlighted
Nomad

The FAA regulate air shipments within the USA, coming into the USA and exiting the USA.  The ICAO regulates European air shipments and they both pretty much reflect eachother when it comes to certain rules and regulations.

In the case of batteries, GoPro has to comply with these regulations and most of the time this means not being able to ship a battery without a function device (camera) that the battery ships with or putting a restriction on the amount of batteries that they can ship per shipment.

In the case of retailers, their shipments are usually done in bulk and in specialized containers that are designated battery/explosion/fire proof.  The bulk shipments allow for a discount to cover the extra costs of shipping this way.  GoPro doesn't have this option as they are doing individual shipments to each customer via general transport.  If they had to get a designated safety container for each individual shipment it would add on extra costs to the customer (and making it more expensive than other retailers).

The best way to order from GoPro is to order a camera and a duel battery charger (which comes with 1 battery) and 1 extra battery.  This means you meet the 3 battery limit and have two batteries to swap out.  However in the case of needing a single battery, you're best ordering from a retailer as GoPro cannot do this thanks to FAA/ICAO regulations.

Highlighted
Sightseer

But than explain my the following observation: I can buy a Hero8 and 2 batteries this is no problem. If I buy another batterie (that means 4 batteries overall) than I get a massage that the transport is change (no air transport) and it takes a bit longer. But there are no extra costs! So why can I just buy only 3 batteries only? For me as a customer it seems that GoPro only sell a batterie if you buy a camera. But I already have enough cameras.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @andreasb273. Shippers do not restrict packages shipped via air with at most 3 batteries as long as they come with a device that the batteries will be used for. Hence, you are able to include 3 batteries (2 extra, 1 with camera) with a HERO8 Black camera order. With more than 3 batteries, the shipping method will automatically be changed to ground shipping. 

This restriction is not something that we have control over. Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

hello @mariustanya 

I only want to order 1 spare battery after I ordered and received the gopro 8.

Its not possible to checkout due this restriction message. 

I would be also fine with slow shipping but there is no such option (I try to order in the webshop for Austria)

thanks

Highlighted
Hiker

This is nuts!  I can't source a spare GoPro Hero8 battery in the UK from anywhere at the GoProPlus discounted rate (and even at full price I am not sure they are Hero8 Specific ones).

Why don't GoPro:

1) Warn you of this situation when you buy the camera so you can buy a spare at the same time?

2) Offer to ship batteries via ground rather than air?

At the moment I have no solution.  At the very least can GoPro recommend a UK supplier that stocks official GoPro Hero8 Batteries?

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

When will ground shipment be available in the EU? I live in Belgium, all orders come from your hub in the Netherlands by ground UPS, so what's the problem? Why is there no similar problem with DJI batteries, even the bigger ones for drones? The 50% does not count in the local shops, even if they already have stock as most of them don't.