Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Cant Place battery order

[ New ]

Hi All

On the 1.11.2019 I decided to order the Gopro Hero8 black with the trade up option. (Great Offer by the way) I sent in my old camera straight away.

I then started to look at the accessories I would need for my GoPro. I decided to sign up for GoPro Plus and receive a 50% discount on some of those accessories. (Another Great Offer!)

I then try to order some batteries and get the message about posting of batteries and they can only post it with a camera.

Why is this not clearly stated by GoPro as a warning when ordering a camera?

So then GoPro receive my Trade In camera yesterday (5.11.2019) and my Hero8 Black order is pending. I contact GoPro on the phone and ask them to ammend my order and I will add the 2 batteries to my order as they are still processing it. I was told the order has been finalised and can not be ammended, this even though there is gonna be a delay in posting it out to me.

I then suggested that I place a seperate order for the batteries and then they can combine the order in the same package meeting the flight regulations. I appreciate there maybe a delay in doing this but I can wait. I was told, "No this can't be done".

I think this is doable. I want to save my £20 and buy more accessories not be given a telephone number where I can buy the batteries paying the full price!!!

GoPro: I'm sure your products are excellent (first timer with GoPro) but I think you have let yourselves with your customer support. It would be nice if you responded to this post but....this would mean trying to solve the issue.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Cant Place battery order

[ New ]

Hello @richard784g

An order for a battery/dual battery charger must come with a product using the battery (like a camera). There is also a restriction globally as to how many batteries can be contained in a package being shipped via air.

These restrictions are placed on us by the shipper and not something we can control.

You may be able to find a local retailer that carries our products.

Thanks!
Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Hiker

[ New ]

Hi Richard

Welcome to the club!  See this long thread here: https://community.gopro.com/t5/Mounts-Accessories/Cant-place-order-for-battery/td-p/342747 and your experience adds to the frustration of this.  Seems like GoPro are trying their hardest to make it impossible to buy these batteries!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @richard784g

An order for a battery/dual battery charger must come with a product using the battery (like a camera). There is also a restriction globally as to how many batteries can be contained in a package being shipped via air.

These restrictions are placed on us by the shipper and not something we can control.

You may be able to find a local retailer that carries our products.

Thanks!
Ej