Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Can you leave charged batteries in the dual charger?

[ New ]

Hi,

I bought a new gopro and tons of accessories. I was planning to leave the charged batteries in the dual charger because it seems like it would be protective. But I thought maybe it's not designed for that. Can someone from gopro please let me know if this is ok?

Thanks,

Agata

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Can you leave charged batteries in the dual charger?

[ New ]

Hello @agataw326. The contact between the battery and the charger could cause discharge in the long run. You can keep the batteries in a bag that does not conduct and get wet for better protection. Thanks! 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @agataw326

When charging is complete, it's suggested to remove the battery from the dock.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks. Does this mean even if the charger is unplugged? What is a good way to store batteries so they don't get banged around?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @agataw326. The contact between the battery and the charger could cause discharge in the long run. You can keep the batteries in a bag that does not conduct and get wet for better protection. Thanks! 

Tourist

[ New ]

You are right. I tested it by leaving the batteries overnight in the unplugged charger and one was dead in the morning.

Thanks for your advice!

Agata

GoPro

[ New ]

You are welcome, @agataw326. Feel free to post back for any other questions or concerns that you may have. Best regards!

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi, i just bought GoPro Hero7 & Dual Battery Charger. I just charged my gopro camera battery + extra battery from dual battery charger.

at beginning both LED battery showed AMBER, after few hours, 1 battery showed GREEN, and another 1 is OFF. is that Normal?

@agataw326 wrote:

Hi,

I bought a new gopro and tons of accessories. I was planning to leave the charged batteries in the dual charger because it seems like it would be protective. But I thought maybe it's not designed for that. Can someone from gopro please let me know if this is ok?

Thanks,

Agata

GoPro

[ New ]
Sightseer

[ New ]

Is it safe to rotate the batteries 180 degrees and insert them in the charger (with the pull tab to the outside like normal) so that they dont make contact with the charger pins?  

I like the idea of traveling with them in the charger to save space.

GoPro

[ New ]

@rockyflame21702, I don't see any problem with that. However, I notice that the batteries don't lock down firmly and are loose enough to easily fall off if they are inversely inserted to the Dual Battery Charger. It might work if you have a small pouch bag to place the accessories though. Hopefully this helps.