Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Can you leave charged batteries in the dual charger?

[ New ]

Hi,

I bought a new gopro and tons of accessories. I was planning to leave the charged batteries in the dual charger because it seems like it would be protective. But I thought maybe it's not designed for that. Can someone from gopro please let me know if this is ok?

Thanks,

Agata

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Can you leave charged batteries in the dual charger?

[ New ]

Hello @agataw326. The contact between the battery and the charger could cause discharge in the long run. You can keep the batteries in a bag that does not conduct and get wet for better protection. Thanks! 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @agataw326

When charging is complete, it's suggested to remove the battery from the dock.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks. Does this mean even if the charger is unplugged? What is a good way to store batteries so they don't get banged around?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @agataw326. The contact between the battery and the charger could cause discharge in the long run. You can keep the batteries in a bag that does not conduct and get wet for better protection. Thanks! 

Tourist

[ New ]

You are right. I tested it by leaving the batteries overnight in the unplugged charger and one was dead in the morning.

Thanks for your advice!

Agata

GoPro

[ New ]

You are welcome, @agataw326. Feel free to post back for any other questions or concerns that you may have. Best regards!

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi, i just bought GoPro Hero7 & Dual Battery Charger. I just charged my gopro camera battery + extra battery from dual battery charger.

at beginning both LED battery showed AMBER, after few hours, 1 battery showed GREEN, and another 1 is OFF. is that Normal?

@agataw326 wrote:

Hi,

I bought a new gopro and tons of accessories. I was planning to leave the charged batteries in the dual charger because it seems like it would be protective. But I thought maybe it's not designed for that. Can someone from gopro please let me know if this is ok?

Thanks,

Agata

GoPro

[ New ]