Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Hiker

Can the Hero 9 Black be used as a 4k Webcam?

[ New ]

Does anyone know the answer? 

Tourist

Betreff: Can the Hero 9 Black be used as a 4k Webcam?

[ New ]

wohin würdest Du denn mit 4K streamen wollen, @quicksummi2885 ? Mir fällt da auf Kommando gar nicht so viel ein, wo 4K unterstützt wird im Video Live Stream.

Mein Blogpost https://ragnar.blog/2020/09/19/howto-use-gopro-hero9-black-as-webcam-and-for-video-live-streaming/

GoPro

Re: Can the Hero 9 Black be used as a 4k Webcam?

[ New ]

Hello @quicksummi2885. The GoPro Webcam desktop utility has 1080p (default) and 720p options only. Check out this article for more information.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I can't even get my Hero9 to be recognized by my iMac or Windows 10 computers. I plug it in and nothing happens. Is anyone else having this issue? Software seems to be for Hero 8. GoPro hasn't released a Hero9 version yet?

Sightseer

[ New ]

I didn't think I needed it but I used the USB cable that came with the Hero 9 and its working now. I don't know why my other cable doesn't work but the cable that comes with the camera is very short which is why I was using a different cable. 

Hiker

Betreff: Can the Hero 9 Black be used as a 4k Webcam?

[ New ]
I don’t necessarily want to use it for live streaming but I want to be able to record the video output directly to my hard drive instead of going to the SD card and that is the only way I can figure out how to do it beside recording the HDMI output from the media mod but that takes a capture card and is very process intensive.