Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Can’t transfer files with media mod on?

Hi I just got the media mod for my GoPro hero 8 and love it!
however, when plugging it into my MacBook Pro via the c connector - it doesn't recognise the camera, for file transfer, it only charges, on removal of the media mod, it does! Is this normal? The rest all works like a dream! Am I doing so,etching wrong?
thanks 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Can’t transfer files with media mod on?

Hey thank you again! It’s working after plugging the usb c cable that came with the camera! Strange the c cable I was using worked otherwise before the mod! Anyhow just glad it’s all sorted with the original cable 🙏

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

@ak1kanobi, sorry to hear about the trouble. Please be sure to have the latest firmware installed in the HERO8 Black camera and use the USB-C cable that came with the package when connecting the Media Mod to the computer. 

If the issue persists, our Support team will be able to assist you with the next steps. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks so much for your reply - yes I’m running the latest firmware and it shows that the media mod is connected.
All the other functions work fine except the file transfer - which is ok on removal of the media mod.
Highlighted
Tourist

Hey thank you again! It’s working after plugging the usb c cable that came with the camera! Strange the c cable I was using worked otherwise before the mod! Anyhow just glad it’s all sorted with the original cable 🙏
Highlighted
GoPro

@ak1kanobi, so glad to hear that. Stay stoked, and have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!