Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Can't record external audio input (hero 9 black)

[ New ]
So I just got a brand new gopro hero 9,with the USB audio adapter, and it doesn't record any audio. It only uses the on board mic. The manual says you can choose the mic, but that's just a greyed out option.

Is this a dumb error by myself, or is it simply not possible to record my live sets? (pretty pissed that the first live set in hobart after covid restrictions lifted failed to capture. Really pissed)

Nomad

Re: Can't record external audio input (hero 9 black)

[ New ]

Gopro ciągle obiecuje, że będzie aktualizacja która to umożliwi. Ja już czekam dwa miesiące.

Tourist

[ New ]
I'm sorry, I'm not sure what language that is? And am not able to understand you?
Tourist

[ New ]
Ahh, OK. So I should return the camera! :)
Thanks for the help! :)

It's a sad day when my pentax is a better option than gopro, but good to know! :)

Wish they'd not advertise the ability to record sound as a feature :/
Highlighted
GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry for any trouble caused, @epicspirit285. This feature has been removed with the launch update to fix some bugs. A new firmware for the HERO9 Black will be released this month to bring the feature back. For updates, see https://gopro.com/en/us/news/hero9-black-launch-updates .