Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Can HERO9 Black be connected to an external microphone using the "Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter&amp

Hello Everyone! Apologies for the inconvenience this may be causing you. We've already shared this out with the team in charge and we will have firmware updates coming to improve your video and photo capture experience.

For further details, check out this link https://gopro.com/en/us/news/hero9-black-launch-updates.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Can HERO9 Black be connected to an external microphone using the "Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter&quo

I have plugged in my 3.5mm mic adaptor and can confirm it does not work with the update v 1.21. If you reset to factory settings it works but then you lose it the minute you download the update. I find it strange gopro is still selling the mic adaptor as an accessory even though they are aware it does not work. Time to sort it out gopro!

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Can HERO9 Black be connected to an external microphone using the "Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter&amp

@zulutsotsinow I wanted to try if I can add an external microphone to my MediaMod Case for GoPro9 but no success:

V1.0.0.266 crashed in Skype, Teams and OBS. No chance to test a call and video conference.

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Kann HERO9 Schwarz mit dem "Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter&quo" an ein externes Mikrofon

Nur über ein Medi Mod kann ein 3,5 mm Mikrofon angeschlossen werden, dazu noch ein USB-C Port und ein Micro-HDMI Port.