Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Re: Brand new mouth mount won't accept thumb screw

[ New ]

Thanks Ej - 3rd time lucky!

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi GoPro,

So another week has passed, still no part and still can't use my mount. I've tried the link over several days now but repeatedly get told the service isn't available right now. I bought the camera to use kitesurfing so not having a functioning mount is rather defeating the purpose.

Thanks

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @johns278. We see that the item is in backorder status. We have tagged the team handling your case to check on it and keep you posted. Please keep the lines open. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

I am now giving up.

3rd time still not lucky.IMG_2945 (1).jpeg

The go pro floaty mouth mount consists of the big orange float, the mouth mount (circled in purple) and the small extension bit (circled in red). I did not design it - it is how it came out of the box. The extension is important as the otherwise the float buts up against your chin.

The extension piece is the bit that is fault (as demonstrated at the top of this thread). After my third, very nice conversation with yet another member of the support team, with lots of assurance I was now getting the right part, I have yet again been sent the wrong part. I have now received a total of 2 replacement mouth mounts (cricled in purple, bringing my total collection to 3!) and whatever the thing is circled in yellow.

Turns out I can buy the replacement part on Amazon of £5 which I have done today out of sheer desparation. I dont want any more engagement on this topic because I have already wasted way too much of my time. However I'd hate others to go through this pain and it is clear your systems dont recognise the component parts of your own mount. I had been considering ordering a shorty mount but after this crazy experience will be going to another seller.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @johns278

Apologies for any troubles this has caused.

We'll have this sent to the team for review.

Thanks!

Ej

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @johns278

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

We have sent a direct message. Kindly check your Hub inbox.

Thanks!

Ej