Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Brand new mouth mount won't accept thumb screw

[ New ]

My new go pro hero9 has just arrived, together with mouth mount and floaty. Happy with the camera, only issue is that the hinge on the mouth mount wont accept the thumb scew - it looks though the plastic has not been drilled out, blocking access the retaining nut. I have struggled to find a way to simply email customer serivces as I'll struggle to get time during working hours. Hopefully customer services are monitoring these boards and can message me direct.

GoPro

Re: Brand new mouth mount won't accept thumb screw

[ New ]

Hi @johns278

We'd like to check on this further.

Would you be able to share a picture or a video while attempting to attach the camera?

You may upload it to Youtube and share the link here.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

IMG_2861.jpeg

IMG_2862.jpeg

You can actually see in second one plastic has not been drilled out

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the sample picture. @johns278

The best path forward is to reach out to our Support Team.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

You may refer them to this thread for the sample file.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I am so annoyed. 3 phone calls later and gopro still can't send me the right part.

Out of the box, the thumb screw wont engage with small extension type arm. As original post photos show, the plastic does not appear to be drilled out. 

Call #1 very helpful, promise to send replacement mount. Unfortunately I receive the bit you put in your mouth (bottom) without the extension arm so no help.

Call #2: Assistant sturggles to understand what part I am talking about despite all the photos. There are only 2 parts so shouldn't be this hard. Told that it will be referred to tech support and replacement will be sent.

Almost a week goes by. No way of following up beyond requesting another call back and explaining everything for a third time. Promised a replacement 'pivot arm' will be sent.

Now this object on the right below has turned up. Nothing like the small part i am looking for (middle below the float). Whilst I could in theory attach the camera to it I either end up with a long thumb screw protuding into my chin (no great when kitesurfing and potential for high speed crashes). Thought I might be able to diassemle the new bit and make do but the connections are all at right angles so no good. 

Gopro - how can this be so hard?! The whole mount costs £40. It appears I can buy multiples of the extension part on Amazon for about £10 but why should I have to resort to this when the mount doesnt work out of the box. So frustrated. Posting here as I cant even email anyone.

2FFAA68A-4473-4C0F-ABB1-572F1BB775E0.heic

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @johns278

Sorry for any trouble caused.

We have reached out to the team handling your case.

They will be getting back to you soon.

I will also be checking the case in the next few days.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Appreciate that. Just want to be able to use the mount - it looks a great piece of kit and a bit improvement over the cheap amazon equivalent I had for my old go pro.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @johns278

We see that an order for the replacement part has been arranged and is already on the fulfillment status.

Once it ships out, you may track the order using SO-4666004 through https://gopro.com/en/us/order-status

Thanks!

Ej