Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Hiker

Battery shipping regulations

[ New ]
I tried to order 1 battery and a dual charger from GoPro online store but when I want to check out I receive the following message:

"...new shipping regulations prohibit us from shipping stand-alone batteries and three or more batteries with a camera. please adjust your order to proceed."

I already bought a GoPro 8 black camera and would like to purchase these from GoPro online store, as I qualify for the discount..
GoPro

Re: Battery shipping regulations

[ New ]

Hello @agileriver43188. Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Our goal is to make placing orders as quick and easy as possible. Unfortunately, these restrictions are placed on us by the shipper and not something we can control.

Due to safety regulations governing Lithium-Ion batteries, only minimal quantities of batteries are permitted to be shipped via air. That being said, there's a maximum of additional 2 rechargeable batteries for every camera purchase.

In addition to this, you will not be allowed to proceed with the checkout on the website if there's no camera associated with your order.

Sightseer

[ New ]

This is pathetic attempt at GoPro hiding behind regulations to avoid serving customers. GoPro is a major technology company, you have bargining power to find better options with suppliers to serve customers.

Additionally, I can buy GoPro batteries instore here in Australia, so there are still batteries being shipped here seperate from devices, aren't there? Why are Australian customers not being shipped products from Australian based stock/warehouse's? I got my GoPro HERO Black 9 in 2-3 days after I ordered, I bet it didn't get overnighted from the states.

Lastly, I when I ordered the HERO9 I got the package deal offered by GoPro, which included a percentage off products sold on the site. The GoPro site was out of stock of spare batteries (seems suss but ok) so I could not add it to my origonal order, and now GoPro conveniently won't ship me an item (at reduced cost) because of some paper thin reasoning. I bought into GoPro's ecosystem, I should be able to buy the products GoPro advertised I would eligible to buy at the time I bought the HERO9 deal.

Anything else is just a coporate cop out.

Tourist

[ New ]

Don't worry my friend, we are in the same boat. Gopro is a ridiculous company that they don't care about with their after-sales customer. You can do something about the restriction if you want to do it. I think what this company doing is just keep on selling and they don't care for their customer. DJI dont have any restriction when it comes to battery, You can purchase with them anytime for battery or any mount that has a battery in it. I just purchase an OSMO POCKET Case charger (this has also the lithium-Ion battery on it. They shipped it without any delay or what so ever. If DJI can do it to ship lithium-Ion internationally then why GOPRO cannot do it. Customer need a valid reason for this clarification.

whoisbetter.png
Tourist

[ New ]

Hope they will not remove this message / comments here. So that the customer need clarification.

whoisbetter.png
Hiker

[ New ]

You have to buy your extra batteries at the same time you purchase you hero camera. I wish I was told this when I bought my camera. Luckily I found a GoPro dealer in Hawaii that has Hero 9 batteries in stock. I almost bought a second hero 9 just to ...NOT haha!

Hiker

[ New ]

I almost bought a second hero 9 just to get extra batteries ...NOT haha!