Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Battery Question

[ New ]

I have a GoPro 3 that I want to buy a new battery for, the one that came with the GoPro is a AHDBT-302 3.7V, 1180mAh, 4.37 Wh, I can find batteries that are AHDBT-302 3.7V, 1600mAh, 5.9 Wh. Question is, will this battery damage the camera?

GoPro

Re: Battery Question

[ New ]

@snowywave22176, we no longer have the accessories for HERO3 cameras available at gopro.com. However, you can still find these filters at various online retailers.

If you're located within the US, check this Store Locator guide to find authorized GoPro resellers near you: https://gopro.com/store-locator

Tourist

[ New ]

Your answer did not answer my question, I still need to know if the 1600 mAh and the 5.9 Wh will do any damage to the camera since the original battery has 1180mAh and 4.37 Wh?

GoPro

[ New ]

@snowywave22176, I'd still recommend using the original GoPro battery to consistently achieve the best results with your GoPro camera. Third-party batteries may still work with the camera, however, these are designed by different manufacturers and we cannot attest to their products' reliability.