Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Battery Life and Time Lapse

[ New ]

Is it possible to do an overnight timelaps and have the battery carry the cam all the way through to the morning? So im thinking a 12 hour time lapse. Couldnt really find much about this. Giving it a try tonight, but im guessing the cam will shut off a few hours into the lapse. 

What is the total time y'all have gotten? I'm working with a Hero9 Black. This is my first week owning a GoPro. 

Thanks for any insights!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Battery Life and Time Lapse

[ New ]

Hello, @halithoyt. We do not have battery life information for the Time Lapse mode using a HERO9 Black but we do have values for recordings. This you can check through GoPro Camera Battery Life

For extended recordings, you may connect the camera to an external power source. Caution must be taken for this setup though as the side door will be kept open, leaving the compartment/port exposed to possible dust/moisture/water damage. You may explore using the USB Passthrough Door.

Users share that removing the battery will help with temperature regulation by allowing more space to dissipate heat.   

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @halithoyt. We do not have battery life information for the Time Lapse mode using a HERO9 Black but we do have values for recordings. This you can check through GoPro Camera Battery Life

For extended recordings, you may connect the camera to an external power source. Caution must be taken for this setup though as the side door will be kept open, leaving the compartment/port exposed to possible dust/moisture/water damage. You may explore using the USB Passthrough Door.

Users share that removing the battery will help with temperature regulation by allowing more space to dissipate heat.   

Tourist

[ New ]
Thank you!! I'm going to play around with it a bit. So excited to be a part of this community :)