Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Adaptador Microfono 3.5 mm GoPro Aamic 001

[ Edited ]

@chrisduke I'm on the same boat you are. GoPro has finally convinced me to get a $50 dongle. Never thought I would come around to that, but once I finally do, they're not available ANYWHERE. @aenriquez  could we please get more info on this?

I would like to know if I need to return a new in box Hero Black 7 along with the case and adapters I've purchased for it. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hey--I feel the same way. Held off for as long as I could because I thought it was ridiculous to have to pay $50 just for a mic input. And now that I've finally found a need, it's available nowhere. Actually, I take that back... found one on eBay for like $150 -- because they know you can't get one anywhere else :( 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi Everyone!

At this time, there is no information on when the stocks will be replenished. Please continue to watch out for updates. 

Apologies  for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Ej, maybe someone at GoPro can find out a little bit more information...

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes, same here, I don't want to pay another $50 but it looks like I have to in order to get external audio on my GoPro. I'm wondering why everywhere is out of stock and the company has nothing to say for it. Seems like these questions are oppotunities for the company to gain loyalty but their answers are so hands-off it's just frustrating. Is the mic adapter being updated perhaps? Or just waiting for a shipment from China?

Highlighted
Sightseer

I am about to receive a Gopro Black 7 in the next two days (waiting for the order to arrive). If the mic adapter doesnt restock in the next 2 weeks I'll return the Black 7 and go with DJI. I need to trust the company that I'm giving $400 of my hard earned cash.

Highlighted
Tourist

That's what I was thinking as well. Two possibilities:

1. It's being updated due to bad reviews

2. Waiting for the slow boat

It would just be really nice if GoPro was a bit more transparent with us. There are a lot of competitors out there and they're getting better. Keep your existing customers loyal by not keeping them in the dark. I'm sure many of us have projects to complete and getting good audio into their GoPros is critical. If we don't have a solution soon, we move on and never look back. 

Highlighted
Hiker

proprietary, only one producer, expensive, unusable form factor and finally out of stock...  gopro external audio is unbelievable