Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

About Must Have Accessories - Go Pro Hero 6

[ New ]

Im fresh new to go pro and im just getting started, so i have many questions.

At first,

1.will this micro sd will fit right to the GO PRO HERO 6 or wont work well ? - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XWMMPGV/?tag=050601-gopro-20

2.will 64gb will be enough or i should purchase the 128gb ? im not an extreme person, just one who loves taking beautiful view pictures and at the beach and stuff.

3.As mentioned above that im not an exterme sport person - What Accessories should I have as a must ? - Whether i need the clear case in order to protect the camera from scrathes and stuff of its durable through anything ? (I know its waterproff but is it really ? or should i but this clear case ? perhaps inorder to protect the lens ?)

4.Will I Must have a second battery and a dual charger or I can manage with the battery that comes with the GoPro and just charge it while its inside with a cable ?

Please Help guys I will really appreciate it .

Accepted Solutions
Explorer

Re: About Must Have Accessories - Go Pro Hero 6

[ New ]
The card you selected is a good one, and 64GB is more than enough.

You should be fine without the Super Suit in most instances. Yes, the camera really is waterproof. You may get a few nicks and scratches, but nothing that will effect the performance of the camera. Having a second protective lens is nice if you are going on a trip, but generally you don't need an extra unless you damage the one you have. Having said that, I do have an extra in my camera bag.

You should be fine without an extra battery, but they are nice to have when you realize you forgot to charge the night before or are doing a full day of shooting. The dual charger is a great accessory.

The one accessory that you should consider first is the Shorty. It's a great little hand held and a tripod too. :)

View solution in original post

All Replies
Explorer

[ New ]
The card you selected is a good one, and 64GB is more than enough.

You should be fine without the Super Suit in most instances. Yes, the camera really is waterproof. You may get a few nicks and scratches, but nothing that will effect the performance of the camera. Having a second protective lens is nice if you are going on a trip, but generally you don't need an extra unless you damage the one you have. Having said that, I do have an extra in my camera bag.

You should be fine without an extra battery, but they are nice to have when you realize you forgot to charge the night before or are doing a full day of shooting. The dual charger is a great accessory.

The one accessory that you should consider first is the Shorty. It's a great little hand held and a tripod too. :)
Tourist

[ New ]

So without any case my camera will not be harmed ? I mean not the body which suffers from scracthes and stuff - but the lens which affect my footages. - OR in other words - how can i protect the lens without it being scratched ( for example if I put it in my bag that contains keys and the two of them mingle in my bag ).

-and just for making sure, the hero 6 is shock proff right  ? I mean if she falls from my hands and hit the floor or whatever, it wont be damged right ? just the outside body maybe

Thank you very much for listening and helping !

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @inbalm88382

If scratches is your concern you may consider getting sleeve and lanyard: https://shop.gopro.com/accessories-3/sleeve-plus-lanyard/ACSST-master.html

Also there are a lot of available 3rd party lens protector/UV filter available. 

You need extra battery as well and supersuit to protect your camera from water damage because even GoPro HERO5 and 6 is already waterproof there's a chance that it might leak due to wear and tear or doors that is not properly sealed. 

Regards,

-Jay