Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Sightseer

3.5mm mic adapter

When will this be back in stock?
GoPro

Re: 3.5mm mic adapter

Hi @johnsterz

At this time, there is no information when the stocks will be replenished.

Please continue to watch out for updates. Check out gopro.com

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

Is there a way I can get notification when it will be back in stock or do i have to keep on checking?

GoPro

Hello @johnsterz . Sorry, the product page itself does not have a Notify Me feature. You may bookmark this link https://shop.gopro.com/accessories-3/pro-3.5mm-mic-adapter/AAMIC-001.html for easy reference. Thanks!

Tourist

[ Edited ]

@aragon1006 & @mariustanya - As someone who has just purchased this camera for VLogging and being told that I cannot return it as there is no issue with the camera itself, I am now stuck without the ability to add an external microphone making this all but useless to me.

Having received no real response on several threads, how do I escalate the matter to get either a response to:

1. Whether the adaptor has been discontinued as suggested by other support personel in other threads.
2. When the adaptor will be back in stock.
or
3. How I return this product to you (not having bought through you) with all of the purchased accessories to get a full refund.

Ultimately you should be being VERY clear and transparent with your customers on their investments and from what I can see so far all reps are being as non-commital as possible. Not only that there seems to be a complete lack of a visible, easily locateable email contact?

"It's out of stock" with "no notify function" is not helpful and should be something that is basic for any product in high demand. "It's out of stock with an estimated restock time of x" would have been better.

Finally, how long are you expecting your customers to wait for an accessory for your flagship product that should be readily available? You have created this problem through the removal of the mic jack (which has been a basic need on most video devices for a considerable time) and implementation of a secondary solution that is almost the same size as the camera due to your gardenwalled handshaking requirements. 

- Ricky - One very unhappy customer.

Tourist

Having used many GoPro products over the years, and still having a Hero 5 Black, two Hero 5 Sessions, a Hero 6 Black and a Hero 7 Black which I would love to be able to use, but I can't... as you STILL do not have any mic adaptors. I hope a lesson is learned for future cameras that we need an audio jack on the camera as this is unacceptable to sell a product with no accessory support. 
When can I get a new mic adaptor for my cameras? Come on, please sort this mess that you created out by restocking this horrible brick of an audio adaptor... or give us a firmware update the remove the requirement for it.

GoPro

Hello everyone! Here's a quick update, the Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter is now available at gopro.com. Here's the link for your reference: https://shop.gopro.com/accessories-3/pro-3.5mm-mic-adapter/AAMIC-001.html 

We appreciate your patience.

Tourist

Still showing as out of stock :-(