Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Lifestyle Gear
Tourist

Unable to join the WiFi network "Hero 9 black"

[ New ]
Hi
My iPhone is unable to connect to the GoPro WiFi network to allow me to either control the camera or view the media on the SD card. Tried resetting all the settings, and have tried from both my iPhone and iPad.
I've tried to manually connect my iPhone to GoPro WiFi network(which is named GP24775764), but the iPhone says that the password is wrong.

Any advice or tips would be gratefully received
Thank you
GoPro

Re: Unable to join the WiFi network "Hero 9 black"

[ New ]

@sameers7, reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings following the instructions here: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Reset-Wi-Fi-Name-and-Password/ta-p/394276 

If it's still the same, I have a few troubleshooting suggestions that will help: 

1. Restart your mobile device. 
  2. Once your phone is back on, turn on/off the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. 
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings. 
  4. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro Quik's history.  
    • iOS: Open GoPro Quik. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
  5. Clear the cache for the GoPro Quik in your device's settings under the "Applications" section. 
  6. Kill the app and relaunch it. 
  7. On your GoPro camera, turn the Wi-Fi off and on. Then restart the camera. 
  8. Now, put the camera in pairing mode. 
  9. Open the GoPro Quik on your phone and tap the camera icon. The app will try to connect via Bluetooth and take you through the pairing process. Follow the on-screen instructions in the app. 
    • Note: Some phones and regions require the camera to be in a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band, you may also try this out. 
  10. For future reconnections, just make sure that the camera’s Wi-Fi is on and you’ll be all set. 
Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks for your detailed reply.

I'd already tried all those steps numerous times.

The GoPro is not coming up on my phone list of devices on WiFi, which is think is the issue. Tried "forgetting" the phone from Bluetooth, and re pairing which hasn't solved the issue.

Resetting the connections on the GoPro doesn't appear to change the password for the GoPro WiFi. It only gives me the option to change the name of the camera.

Do I need to do a factory reset of the GoPro?
GoPro

[ New ]

@sameers7, please try to manually connect to your GoPro camera's Wi-Fi. To do this, send the GoPro Quik to the background then open the Wireless Connection settings on your phone and manually connect to your GoPro camera's Wi-Fi. Once connected, switch back to the GoPro Quik.

If the issue persists, reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can also help correct any errors with the current software installation. Using an SD card adapter, connect your microSD card to your computer and follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229 

Additionally, performing a factory reset in the camera may help.

Let us know how it goes.