Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Lifestyle Gear
Tourist

Go Pro Hero 9 Media Mod VS Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter

[ New ]

I really enjoy making content and being a content creator for other enjoyment, whether it is at home, or even at a convention center or even travelling where I will enjoy having another BFF Camera to come with me to all these adventures.  Although I still have some difficulties in making a decision for getting either of these two items.

The Go Pro Hero 9 Media Mod 

Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter.

But I REALLY don't know where to even start when choosing these two, I've been finding debates on these on youtube, googling, etc, event trying to close my eyes to see what I would work with more.

Does anyone have any suggestions or any preference on what they feel comfortable with using?

GoPro

Re: Go Pro Hero 9 Media Mod VS Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter

[ New ]

Hi @activeligh66313 

Thank you for choosing GoPro to capture your best memories.

If you're planning to focus on the sound quality of your videos, we recommend getting the Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter for this allows you to use external microphones for high sound quality videos.

On the other hand, HERO9 Black Media Mod allows you to record better sound quality videos, gives you HDMI-out for playback on external monitors, plus two cold-shoe mounts for lights, LCD screens or additional mics.

Please note that the products mentioned are not waterproof and is not made for underwater use.

Hope this helps. 

M.