Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted
Tourist
Faint Pulsating Vertical lines on HERO 8 LCD display

I recieved a replacemt GoPro a couple of days ago and have noticed faint pulsating vertical lines throughout the LCD display. The odd thing is these lines only show up through the camera lens on a white background and is not present on the Preferances or Presets screen. It could be mistaken for digital noise, but ISO is all the way down and I'm in a bright room with only natural light coming in through the window. 

Thinking it's a firmaware issue I've followed the steps admins have said in previous posts that kind of relate to the problem I have by formatting the card (sandisk extreme)  and manually updating the gopro, but still no luck. 

I should mention there's no point in me posting any video or picture of the issue as it is barly visible from a photograph or video, and youtube compression only smooths it all out; it's something that has to be seen in person. Is this a firmaware issue? I really don't want to send back another camera.

Note: Issue is present in all resolutions/shutterspeeds/frame rates.

Any help with this would be great. Thanks.

Highlighted
Hiker
Re: Faint Pulsating Vertical lines on HERO 8 LCD display
Speaking as an electronic engineer, I would say that this is not a firmware issue, especially since it would affect many Hero 8's, which I'm guessing it does not (mine does not exhibit the problem). Your problem is typical of a hardware issue with the display driver. In other words, your replacement GoPro is defective.
Highlighted
Hiker

Interestingly ( or not ) I played back some footage on my new GoPro 8, this had been uploaded from my iPhone SR as a memory movie?

When played through Quik on my iMac it had the pulsating white lines and quality was poor?

Highlighted
Sightseer
sir , i have the same issue,
Highlighted
Sightseer
I have the same issue in my gopro i have hero 7 black