Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
Tourist

Working with Skype but not with Teams or Zoom

[ New ]

Dear support team,

I installed all the updates and apps an if I open the app I can use the preview function. The webcam is working with Skype but not with Zoom and Microsoft Teams. For my work I really need Teams to work. I allready restarted the app and the Mac multiple times. Can anybody help me?

My setup:

Mac Mini (late 2012)

catalina 10.15.6

app 1.0.196

Kind regards,

Albert Barelds

Hiker

Re: Working with Skype but not with Teams or Zoom

[ New ]

Make sure you go into your System Preferences >> Security & Privacy >> Privacy Tab >> Camera and enable camera control for those applications. If the box isn't checked, the app can't access the camera. For some reason in my Big Sur testing Zoom prompted me, but Teams did not. Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 9.16.14 AM.png

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you. I've tried that earlier but it didn't work. Do you have any more ideas?

Schermafbeelding 2020-07-28 om 16.53.43.png

Hiker

[ New ]
So does the GoPro not show up in teams or zoom? I had to unplug-reconnect mine to get the OS to see it before I could use it.
Tourist

[ New ]

It only shows up as an option in Skype. Zoom and Teams are both not working. I have a simple 10 year old logitech cam that is showing up.

Things I've already tried:

- unplugging and replugging the usb-cable

- another usb cable

- restarting all apps

- restarting the computer

- removing the other usb-cam

- uninstalling and re-installing the webcam app

Hiker

[ New ]
When you connect the camera to your computer does the camera show “USB Connection” on its display? I haven’t directly connected to my camera because I have the Media mod on mine. Unsure if that could be a difference. Does the webcam app menu bar icon have the blue circle showing it recognizes the camera?
Tourist

[ New ]
Yes, I can see the blue menu bar icon and I can see myself in the preview option.
Hiker

[ New ]
And teams does not show the camera option in settings>> devices?