Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
Sightseer

Why not support webcam on hero7 black

[ New ]

They can make a firmwareupgrdae if they want to! but its like Apple. They want you to buy a new device. no respect for the customers.

Tourist

Re: Why not support webcam on hero7 black

[ New ]

Also, it's incredibly misleading because this page https://gopro.com/en/us/news/how-to-use-gopro-for-webcam reads like the webcam mode is supported on all camera's back to Hero 4.

"All you need is the latest camera firmware, a USB-C Cord and the GoPro Webcam desktop utility..." Unfortunately, this is totally untrue @GoPro 

It's not until you get to the bottom of the page when they actually add that additional accessories are required to make it work! A HDMI-to-USB video converter! GoPro had a real opportunity with the World moving to video online and totally blew it.

Screenshot 2021-01-13 at 09.02.54.png
Sightseer

Re: Why not support webcam on hero7 black

[ New ]

ah man lame, I read that and assumed my Hero 7 was going to work with only the USB. Was trying to figure out why it wasn't when I stumbled across this. I wonder what the limitation of the device is that it can't support it. Or are they just selling it as a "new feature" on the newer models to help sales.