Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
Highlighted
Sightseer

When can we expect a Windows support?

A lot of people wait for a Windows support of GoPro Webcam.
When can we expect this?

regards,
Patrick

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: When can we expect a Windows support?

also waiting for this!

Highlighted
Sightseer

I would love this function for work and for live streaming my podcast/twitch sessions. I'd rather not purchase another camera if I can stay with GoPro. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Web cam para windows, alguna sugerencia?

Highlighted
Sightseer

I'd also love to get an estemation on when we can expect this. Would love to use my gopro for my Teams meetings!

Highlighted
Sightseer

Yes please. This would allow me to make much more use of my GoPro. Is there an estimated release date?

Many thanks,

Highlighted
Hiker

Pretty sure 90% of webcam/streamers utilize Windows and they still have 70-75% of the market share. It’s be nice if this was considered since majority of modern windows PCs are capable of USB-C if not Thunderbolt 3 nowadays. It’s amazing they went with Mac first.
Highlighted
Hiker

I have to say I'm a little disappointed that there hasn't been a single response from a monderator yet even acknowleging the question, which has been asked multiple times in these forums.  In fact, as I type there are three posts asking about the Window's webcam version on the first page of the forum alone. 

Even though I've maanged to get the Hero 8 to work on Windows using and external capture card, I'm eargerly looking for the webcam firmeware update to not only accelerate the response time of the application to recognize the camera, but also reduce the clutter of cables and stuff that are required to make it work. Plus, I have several executives who are using the camera that are on Windows and I'm sure would really benefit from the Window's version.