Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
Hiker

Webcam not working on Zoom

[ New ]

I am trying to use my GP 9 as a webcam. 

I have the latest Zoom update, GP9 updated and also the webcam software. I can see the GP9 available in my Zoom video option but when I select the GP9, it doesn't show the video footage, instead, it shows a GP background image. 

What do I need to do to rectify this issue?

Tourist

Re: Webcam not working on Zoom

[ New ]

Make sure your webcam menu widget is showing red dot, not blue... go to webcam widget menu and select "Show Preview", dot changes to red if you did not have that previously...

Otherwise, Sounds like youʻve done all the right things but probably need to confirm details:

- Latest webcam software is: version 1.0.224 

when your HERO9 is powered on with USB connected, webcam menu widget at top of screen shows blue dot

If you go to webcam menu and select "Show Preview", dot changes to red and HERO9 screen shows red "WEBCAM" indicator (not black)

- HERO9  running firmware:  version 1.22  (or 1.5 available Dec 17, 2020)

- Zoom running  version 5.4.6 (59301.1211)

In Zoom, in Video Settings Screen where you choose Camera: "GoPro Webcam"...

You say you are seeing a GoPro "Background Image"? instead of live footage from camera?

Have you tried to go to GoPro webcam menu widget at top of screen and select "Show Preview" so dot changes to red... ?

Not sure why but I need the webcam menu widget to have a red dot to show itʻs live (to get zoom to work) and "Show Preview" is often the only way I can get to go from a blue dot (connected...?) to a red dot which seems to mean itʻs live and transmitting.  Hope that helps.

Hiker

[ New ]

yes, my Zoom and GP9 are both up to date. 

I've attached a screen shot showing the GP background picture that shows up within Zoom when I select the GP9 and also the widget does not seem to recognize the GP9 being plugged into the computer. My Show Preview is grayed out and not selectable. 

Any help GoPro? 

GP9 Webcam Zoom error.jpg
Hiker

[ New ]

Most likely this is not related to Zoom but a general problem, because the Preview option is greyed out. I have the same problem, after various actions it now works from time to time but not reliable. The software is still beta and needs some more work (SOON!).

Things to try:

• Don't use any attachments to the HERO9, eg. no Media Mod.
  • Try another cable.
  • Try another port. 
  • Attach first, then power up. 
  • Power up first, then attach.
  • Remove the USB Hub Drivers in the Device Manager, they will reinstall after the next reboot. (This was suggested by the support but didn't help but didn't hurt either.)
Hiker

[ New ]

ese es exactamente mi problema !!!

veo el punto azul, todo aparece como correcto, de hecho cuando pongo la vista previa, la cámara reacciona, se enciende y pasa de estar en modo pausa a activa.....pero la vista previa aún muestra el logo de gopro

como puedo hacer que el punto pase a estar en rojo ????

Por favor ayuda !!

Tourist

[ New ]

I had a very similar issue.  The camera was recognised by the PC; Zoom showed it as an option but no video from the camera.  The "fix" was to use the GoPro webcam app to change the graphics processor from the NVidia (default) to the other option - Intel processor.  Once done everything came to life.  This may or may not help you.  Now... if only GoPro webcam would remember which graphics processor I want to use rather than always selecting the Nvidio - non-working - option it would be a great help.

Hiker

[ New ]

how do you change that ??

in the webcam app for mac, I do not see any option to change that setting??

thanks so much, i am keen to try anything !!!

Tourist

[ New ]

I was on a Windows PC - I have no idea how the MAC is set up.  Sadly, the Windows app does NOT remember the setting.

Tourist

[ New ]

I have tried everything I could to get the beta for windows work. First, I tried to install the one that was on the Gopro site. I also just get the preview of the GoPro logo screen foto :( I could see this bouth in OBS and in Zoom so i got so disipointed when it did not show the video. Is there someghing you have to do in the settings in the camera for the Gopro 7? Or is not this version for windows maid for 7 mabe?

I searched the net for a solution and found this site where there was an update. Maybe it can help somebody else, for me the 2021 beta did not work i got the same problem :( 

I hope this can be ok soon, not everybody can afford a mac and need to have the pc ;) 

Best Sara

Tourist

[ New ]

I cannot offer a guaranteed solution.  I can tell you what worked for me.

Before starting Zoom (or any other video app) use the GoPro Webcam to choose which video feed to use.  Right click on the GoPro Webcam icon, look at "Graphics Processor" in the menu that pops up.  I see "Intel" and one other (depending on which laptop I am using).  BY DEFAULT THE NON WORKING GRAPHICS PROCESSOR IS SELECTED.   Grrrh!  I select the Intel graphics processor... and webcam is working.

WHY the GoPro app cannot remember the selection is more than irritating.  I guess the GoPro excuse is that this is a Beta... meaning users should not be surprised if it does not work.

Hiker

[ New ]

that´s on windows, not mac, am I right? because I do not see that option when right clicking on mac

@steved14477  ha escrito:

I cannot offer a guaranteed solution.  I can tell you what worked for me.

Before starting Zoom (or any other video app) use the GoPro Webcam to choose which video feed to use.  Right click on the GoPro Webcam icon, look at "Graphics Processor" in the menu that pops up.  I see "Intel" and one other (depending on which laptop I am using).  BY DEFAULT THE NON WORKING GRAPHICS PROCESSOR IS SELECTED.   Grrrh!  I select the Intel graphics processor... and webcam is working.

WHY the GoPro app cannot remember the selection is more than irritating.  I guess the GoPro excuse is that this is a Beta... meaning users should not be surprised if it does not work.

Tourist

[ New ]

Yes - Windows, as Sara asked.  If the question had been Mac-relevant I would have kept very quiet.

Steve

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for trye to help me. I thik i have to wait to use the gopro with the C input on my computer until it's not in beta anymore. And just stay wiht it on the Cam link i have insted. I so this as a solution to try to use 2 good cameras into the computer at the same time. But when I installed the software fore web suport for gopro it also nocked out my inernal cameraSmiley Sad) So i think i just see if ther comes a update for us Windows users later. But thankyou for try to help. :) I feel everything is like created for mac this days. Had that before but because i doing animation in 3d and other aplications i bought a Alienware computer ;) 

Best Sara

Tourist

[ New ]

I got it to work by switching the video driver to the intel driver, and then it stopped working and could not get it to go again. Also the preview button was grayed out and could not select it.

I think this software is so unstable it is unusable at this point, I have tried all the variations of rebooting etc, and so far Gopro does not live up to their advertising. Too bad, such a nice camera for webcamming. Guess have to only use for those exciting action shots, which it performs well at.

WEBCAM, DO NOT USE IT!!!!!

Sightseer

[ New ]

It worked for me, Thank you

Sightseer

[ New ]

Change your preference graphics device to the inbuilt one.

It worked for me.

Screenshot (293).png
Nomad

[ New ]

My mom has a Win7 notebook. If i remember it, it will try to reproduce it this weekend for you.

Be sure you set USB Connection in  GoPro to "GoPro Connect", and not MTP.

Hiker

[ New ]

this is drving me mad. I am running OS Catalina 10.15.7 and 1.0.224 for the gopro webcam app and cannot go beyound showing preview the gopro logo despite camera starting correctly and intermitent red light in the front.

Tourist

[ New ]

I am getting the same GoPro backdrop on Zoom. I cant even get the camera to be recognized by the app. I get the blue dot for like half a second then it goes away. And the people mentioning choosing the different graphics card, I only have the choice for my Radeon graphics card, not an intel card, even though this is an intel based Windows machine with a native graphics card and the supplemental Radeon. I think I will be sending this camera back.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @karlankas @hunters344

Were you able to go through the steps on GoPro Webcam FAQ and Troubleshooting

If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Please let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

that´s first thing I do !!!. And no luck. It has to do with firewalls i feel but i tried everything....

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @karlankas

The best path forward is to reach out to Support to have this checked further.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I have also updated the latest zoom and with the GP9 update when the May software works. So the zoom appears available in the video option but when I do it, it is not instead showing background image as well as background video.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi community

I have had the same issue with my professional laptop, and when I have tried using my personal computer it worked fine (And to be honest the video was astonishing). I have tried many of what is mentionned in this forum and also went through many youtube videos, and also asked IT support of my company.

Something is blocked by the Antivirus I think which I can not locate, unfortunately I was disapointed and finally I have requested a return.

Regards