Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
Tourist

Re: No blue dot

[ New ]

Does not seem to work for macOS Mojave. Any update on this OS?

GoPro

[ New ]

Mojave is fully supported, what is the problem you are experiencing? 

The best test is to make sure your camera is visible by going to Apple Logo ->System Preferences -> Network and make sure your Hero 8 is listed and is Green.   If that is showing correctly you should be able to "Show Preview" in the GoPro Webcam tray app and see it working.  

Tourist

[ New ]

The camera is listed in the Network as green, the GoPro shows it is functioning as a webcam, but the preview does not display anything but the default screen (see attached). In addition, using the GoPro as a webcam from any other app also only shows the same default screen.

Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 1.32.27 AM.png
Tourist

[ New ]

I'm having the exact same issue. I have tried all 6 of my USB ports on my Mac Pro (Mid 2010) running High Sierra 10.13.6 but all i get is the white screen with the gopro logo.This is so weird because i have another Mac Pro (Mid 2010) running High Sierra 10.13.6 & everything works fine. So basically 2 Mac Pro's running exactly the same but one works & the other not showing camera preview. I'm so confused but i can confirm I have it working on High Sierra.

Hiker

[ New ]
I was one of the first people to note an issue with High Sierra after this beta came out. Daryl from GoPro got me a patch which was later released in the wild (build 196), and it appeared things were working. After a few weeks away I come back and have little to no luck with the GoPro Webcam on High Sierra. Reinstalled firmware, tried different cables, etc. Nothing is working now. So @daryl if you are listening, what's up?
Sightseer

[ New ]

which extension is it that you're speaking of?

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hey all,

So MacBook Pro (early 2015)

OSX 10.15.6

Showed green in network

No blue dot

Followed all of previous advice.

I disabled my VPN. BLAM working. Connects immediately without my VPN service running.

Enable VPN -> No blue dot

Disable again -> Connected.

Maybe this will help someone on here.

Tourist

[ New ]

Acabo de comprarme una GoPro Hero 9 y no me la reconoce mi macbook pro con High Sierra.

Tengo instalado el software de GoPro Webcam y he seguido todos los pasos pero no consigo que me la detecte ni en modo GoPro Connect (modo webcam) ni en modo de transferencia de archivos MTP.

Alguién me puede ayudar? La GoPro 9 la tengo actualizada y la aplicación que me descargué es la que viene en la página de GoPro.

Ya la desinstalé y la volví a instalar pero sigue sin reconocerla el mac y la cámara se queda en estado USB CONECTADO.

Si no consigo que me funcione en modo Webcam procederé a devolverla porque es uno de los motivos por lo cual la he comprado.

Gracias,