Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
Tourist

Re: No blue dot

[ New ]

me too.

Tourist

[ New ]

the update still isn't working . . . 

Hiker

[ New ]

@kentk456 wrote:

the update still isn't working . . . 

That's what I thought too. Try unplugging your USB cable a couple additonal times. Eventually the update to get High Sierra worked fine for me.

Hiker

[ New ]

Be sure you have GoPro-Webcam-Beta-1.0.196 (that's the Mac install packet, not the firmware)

Also, I found that I had to unplug the USB cable a couple times, possibly to reset the port.

And yeah, pretty annoying overall, but I have to say I was impressed when Daryl from GoPro put this together for me the other day and then worked to get it out in the wild for others.

Tourist

[ New ]

hmm . . . yeah it's the right software . . . tried unplugging/plugging a few times . . .

I guess that's why it's called beta . . . oh well . . .

Tourist

[ New ]

so if I don't see the camera in the system preference, does that mean something is wrong with the cable?

Tourist

[ New ]

ok . . . looks like it sort of connected

getting blue dot, but camera doesn't show connected to usb

preview just shows thisScreen Shot 2020-07-11 at 10.12.20 PM.png

Hiker

[ New ]

@kentk456 If you've updated to 196 and are getting the GoPro webcam logo screen, try using another USB port. I had to swap ports a couple times, and power cycled the camera again. Then it connected.

I was using my same cable though. If you have a working cable before this feature, then it's likely not the cable that is giving you issues.... it's this buggy Beta.