Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
Hiker

No blue dot

[ New ]

Really great to see this feature. It has been a long time coming...

However, even after installing the update and following the instrucitons, I get no "blue dot" on the webcam app. Using same cable I always use for GoPro connection. Tried a second cable. Same thing.

Mac High Sierra

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,4

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 16 GB

Boot ROM Version: 194.0.0.0.0

GoPro

Re: No blue dot

[ New ]

Have you updated the Firmware for your camera?  Can you verfiy that firmware is loaded properly?  Also If you go to System Preferences -> Network do you see your GoPro in the list?  

Hiker

[ New ]

Yes, of course I did the firmware update. Twice. 

HD8.01.01.90.10 confirmed updated on camera.

Hero 8 Black shows "connected" in System Pref / Network with DHCP and has an IP address.

Still, no blue dot and no preview avalable through your webcam app.

GoPro

[ New ]

That is good that the camera is recognized in the System Preferences under network.  That rules out the camera and the USB cable you are using.   Next I would try reinstalling the webcam application.    

However if you want to troubleshoot you can go to Activity Monitor.app located in the Applications / Utility folder.  Switch it from "My Processes" to "All Processes" View -> All Processes, and verify that the GoProWebcamDaemon and the GoPro Webcam app are running.

You can reset the GoProWebcamDaemon by killing this process (you will notice it will relaunch).  

If GoProWebcamDaemon is not running then you can fix this by reinstalling the software (not the firmware).   

Please let me know if this doesn't help, or does since i am curious as to why it isn't working.  

Thanks!

Hiker

[ New ]

Reinstalled Webcam software. Still no blue dot.

GoProWebcamDaemon is not running (even after reinstall)

Only the GoPro Webcam shows in activity monitor (see attached)

gopro.png
GoPro

[ New ]

Well that explains why it isn't working.   If you go to your Finder and then go to the Go menu and down to Go To Folder and type /Library/CoreMediaIO/Plug-Ins/DAL/

Is the GoProWebCam.plugin installed?  

Thanks

GoPro

[ New ]

I will also check my 10.13 machine, to see if there is an issue.   I would highly suggest updating to the latest macOS version too (if you can).  

Hiker

[ New ]

GoProWebCam is in the folder.

gopro2.png