Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
Hiker

No Hero9 Webcam Video/Preview on Windows 10

[ New ]

I'm on the most current firmware for the Hero 9 and Windows 10 Beta webcam software (1.0.0.255) as of today.  Windows 10 x64 Enterprise, also the most recent build/update from this month.  Trying this on a laptop with an intergated Intel graphics processor.

Connection type selected for USB connectoin is "GoPro Connect." I saw somewhere to choose the webcam option, but that wasn't there in the settings, just MTP and GoProconnect. 

The PC sees it and it tips off a device refresh when un-plug and plug it into the USB port, but it never shows up in device manager anywhere. 

The webcam software runs on the PC, however when I right-click on the icon, the "Preview" option at the top of the menu is greyed out and not available to select. 

Built in HD Webcam works fine, as does a recently purchased Logitech HD webcam. 

Have tried rebooting all device several times, re-connecting to differet USB ports, etc., but same result.

It shows up as an option in Zoom, Meet, and Skype, but only displays the GoPro splash screen and never passes through any video. 

Tourist

Re: No Hero9 Webcam Video/Preview on Windows 10

[ New ]

I have the same problem, I have reinstalled everything several times to try but stil without success. Did you solve it?? Thanks.

Hiker

[ New ]

Not yet, I posted in the Facebok group also and so far no reply.

I assume we'll have to wait until they update the beta software or provide new firmware until the issue is addressed. 

It would be great if someone at least acknoweledged the issue and indicated whether they were looking into it or not. 

I'll come back and post it here if someone responds to the Facebook item with anything useful.

Tourist

[ New ]

No luck here as well on either Teams or Skype. Updated all software, tried multiple cables, etc., but just shows GoPro logo. New (and updated) Windows 10 device that works fine with internal camera and external Logitech Brio 4K (and other external cameras) plugged into the same USB port. Given the VPN comments on other threads, I suspect there is something unique about how GoPro coded camera access that is getting blocked by VPNs. Every other external camera I have tried works fine using the same cables and the same ports. It's just GoPro with the issue. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi , I am too facing the same problem, I want to use Hero 9 as webcam in windows10 but black screen

@mtzlblk wrote:

I'm on the most current firmware for the Hero 9 and Windows 10 Beta webcam software (1.0.0.255) as of today.  Windows 10 x64 Enterprise, also the most recent build/update from this month.  Trying this on a laptop with an intergated Intel graphics processor.

Connection type selected for USB connectoin is "GoPro Connect." I saw somewhere to choose the webcam option, but that wasn't there in the settings, just MTP and GoProconnect. 

The PC sees it and it tips off a device refresh when un-plug and plug it into the USB port, but it never shows up in device manager anywhere. 

The webcam software runs on the PC, however when I right-click on the icon, the "Preview" option at the top of the menu is greyed out and not available to select. 

Built in HD Webcam works fine, as does a recently purchased Logitech HD webcam. 

Have tried rebooting all device several times, re-connecting to differet USB ports, etc., but same result.

It shows up as an option in Zoom, Meet, and Skype, but only displays the GoPro splash screen and never passes through any video. 

Tourist

[ New ]
did you get any help?
Hiker

[ New ]

Mine works now, I'm not sure what i did that made it work other than setting up the video profile with the lower fps and re-inatalling a few times. There is more detial on the facebook page, maybe look there if you haven't already. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, How did you setup the video profile, mine is still not working :( Any help will be much appreciated thanks! 

Tourist

[ New ]

The issue has been resolved by turnibg off the antivirs firewall 

Sightseer

[ New ]

Yesss!  Kill Windows Firewall and now it works!

Sightseer

RE: No Hero9 Webcam Video/Preview on Windows 10

[ New ]

같은문제로 며칠을 고생만 합니다. 고프로 9 웹캠기능이 안된다면 필요가 없네요..제일 중요한부분인데..방송지원이 안되면 누가 일일이 찍고 편집하는 용도로만 사용을 할까요..콤푸어에 잘 연결이 되어서 사용이 편리해야하는데...그렇질 않네요. 컴푸터까지 새로 사야할판..배보다 배꼽이 더크다.

camlink 4k랑 미디어 모듈도 거금을 주고 이것저것 구입해서 사용을 해보지만,  usb 3.o 지원만 되어서 그런가..obs, zoom, 다 컴에서 연결이 안되네요,크라쉬 생기고..

윈도우 베타버젼 받아도, 미리보기 실행안되고..골치아프네요, 다른 웹캠은 잘 되는데..고프로 웹캠 골치아픕니다. 시리얼 넘버도 오디 구석에 쳐받햐서 눈에 보이지도 않고. 물론 앱에서 확인이 가능하지만, 펌웨어도 자동 업데이트도 안되고, 와이파이 연결이 되는데도..

본사에서 빠르게 버그나 수정 업데이트도 안하니..리턴할랍니다. 

차라리 셀폰을 사는게 나을듯..시간버리고 스트레스 받고 당장 사용해야하는데..돈만 천불넘게 썼네요..다 리턴할겁니다. 짜증나네요.

포켓2는 나을려나 짐벌기능도 있는데..