Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
Tourist

Media mod mic for webcam

[ New ]

Is it possible when using the gopro as a webcam to utilize the microphone from the media mod?

Sightseer

Re: Media mod mic for webcam

[ New ]

I can't get my Macbook Pro (2018 running macOS 10.15.5) to see the GoPro when connected to the Media Mod. Could GoPro Support weigh in on the Media Mod compatibility?

Sightseer

[ New ]

I am having this same issue!  An attached powered mic via the media mod is not working when used as a webcam.

Tourist

[ New ]

I cannot get the media mod mic to work either; on a mac or windows. In fact, I don't think the internal mics on the GoPro work while in web cam mode. I have never been given the option to select the GoPro mic specifically. "Same as system" defaults to my laptop mic.

I hope future firmware versions address this and allow the media mod mic. The GoPro web cam is a really unique perspective as opposed to other grainy built-in options. You would think GoPro would throw the book at opening up the potential, especially now that video conferencing is the new norm.

Sightseer

[ New ]

i hope there's a reply to this from gopro.