Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
Tourist

Media Mod microphone not an option in ZOOM

[ New ]

The Media Mod microphone is not recognized as an option when selecting the audios settings in ZOOM.

I cannot view the GoPro settings while in "webcam" mode. I assumed the GoPro would default to the Media Mod microphone when plugged in, but it doesn't seem to recognize it while in "webcam" mode, at least not in ZOOM.

Is there a setting I am missing? Anyone got the Media Mod microphone to work in ZOOM?

GoPro

Re: Media Mod microphone not an option in ZOOM

[ New ]

Unfortunately, due to the way Media Mod works and the way the webcam utility works, Media Mod microphone is not supported.

Tourist

[ New ]

This is nuts. What's the use of a webcam mode if you can't use it with a better microphone. My wife bought an 8 for her online classes because of its better FOV, but setting it up (my job) has been a complete pain. We've had to ditch the webcam idea and use the HDMI feed with even more expense. Then the supposedly easy switch to clean HDMI simply isn't available on the 8, or at least its undocumented and a well kept secret (no, pressing the side button makes zero difference). Lovely camera, terrible documentation and poorly thought out features.

Tourist

[ New ]

+1 to this, absolutely insane how difficult this is and seems like it would be so easy to fix!

Sightseer

[ New ]
Is this still the case?

No option for using mike input from GoPro or media mod when using as a webcam?
Has there been an update to solve this?

Crazy
Sightseer

[ New ]

Totally agree with this being crazy. Specifically bought the Hero 9 WITH media mod for this.

Unfortunately I assumed this to be so self evident, that I never checked weather it woul actually work. After struggeling a lot, I finally got the camera to work with Microsoft Teams and Zoom. Camera still does not work with Webex though. Sound I never got to work with any of them. Now I know I should not have bought the Hero 9 and Media Mod for this purpose. Very dissapointing. Hope this post prevents others from buying this stuff for the wrong reason.

Action camera quality is outstanding, don't get me wrong. But come on GoPro, I'm very happy to pay premium for a great webcam, please make it work with high quality audio from the media mod.

Tourist

[ New ]

Same problem, I bought this camera for online classes , webcam works terribly, on facebook is almost impossible to use it, with OBD aswell, image is not stable. frames are mixed .

With the app they say is supported works fine but no use of the Audio from Media mod, that's insane, 80 euros for nothing.

Tourist

[ New ]

What a humongous mess this situation is. How utterly SHAMEFUL it is that a multi-billion company like GoPro is unable to fix a simple software issue. You are really the plague of the software world. You've had since the freaking Hero 8 camera to get this fixed - we're now at Hero 9. Who is the moron behind this project? Can you remove him his license to work please, and find someone without a peanut brain? And please also fire your lying marketing team while you're at it.

I'm returning this crap camera. I bought it to do webinars. It's obviously completely useless for this task.