Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
Tourist

Re: Introducing the GoPro Webcam Beta

[ New ]

The USB connect option to allow the camera to be recognized by Quik Desktop can be changed via the LCD on the back of camera.

Preferences -> Connections -> USB Connection -> MTP

Tourist

[ New ]

It's a bit shame that a titan of cameras like Gopro only release Mac support....  first of all, a spec like this should be available "from the house" many time ago, specially when there's people making 3º party MTP software (under payment), making money because the "house" dont release this.

But its specially bad that u launch (finally) the feature, and u dont throw it for Windows.. wtf guys? wait till u got both version or betas ready and then launch it for all you users... I know Gopro is from USA and Mac is very popular there, but Gopro is available worldwide... and in "worldwide" 90% of users are windows. Please, more than 10? 15? days since mac launch, and windows users still 0 news, thats pretty bad.

And again, still worst, covid times... people in home... you know... You can't do this.... Seriously, and I repeat its annoying having HDMI bridgets solutions...  or 3º party MTP paid softwares, and the official company can't launch a webcam support for windows for the one of the most premium/expensive action camera on market... 

Sorry If I sound rude, not my intenttion but guys, please... 

Sightseer

[ New ]
Es algo muy bueno sin embargo hicieron un desastre con esa actualización.

Al instalarla sí pude ver la vista previa pero en Skype no funciona, en FaceTime tampoco y lo peor es que ya no aparecía la cámara para que con Captura de imagen o GoPro Quick pudiera pasar los archivos grabados con la GoPro aside que tuve que instalar el Firmware de enero 2020 en mi GoPro 8 para que todo vuelva a la normalidad.

NO INSTALEN ESE FIRMWARE PARA WEBCAM HASTA QUE FUNCIONE CORRECTAMENTE. Si tienen dudas tengo actualizada mi iMac a la ultima versión del macOS (a este momento) Catalina 10.15.6 así como Skype.

Puede ser una gran función como webcam pero que funcione o de menos avisen que como es Beta vamos a dejar de tener ciertas funciones básicas y así no nos hacen perder el tiempo.
Sightseer

[ New ]

Curious how you got it working with OBS.  I get a black screen when in OBS adding as a video capture device. 

Tourist

[ New ]
Hello!! I have a GoPro Hero 8 and when I connect to my Macbook Pro 2011 / Catalina it restarts immediately! My USB bus port is 2.0. Do you know if there is any way to fix this problem? My problem is exactly what is being shown in the video below:
⚠️Solución al problema https://youtu.be/aiTmNsFyP3E⚠️Después de 10 reinicios conectada funciono WEb app y Fireware: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Introdu...
Sightseer

[ New ]
Where is it?
Hiker

[ New ]

Estou esperando que a opção de webcan para windows saia logo.

Tourist

[ New ]

I don't know where else to provide feedback for the beta, so here it is:

1. This app desperately needs to drop frames every now and then. Sometimes the frame buffer fills my memory and crashes my machine. You can also see the lag in the preview/video conferance app (in this case teams). I've clocked the lag at time to over a minute, which is quite humurous on confernce calls. 
  2. Coming back from sleep, I have to restart my gopro and the app to be able to get it to work again. 

Those are my main gripes, but other than that the compliments I get for the picture quality are well worth the trouble!

Thanks!