Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
Sightseer

Re: Introducing the GoPro Webcam Beta

[ New ]

When can we expect the Windows OS

Tourist

[ New ]

@jefft  ha escrito:

HERO8 Black now doubles as a durable, mountable, ultra-high-quality webcam with a beta camera firmware update and new desktop utility – no third-party accessories required.

GoPro Webcam is for both the traditional and the creative home "offices" because not everyone is streaming from a desk. It's the personal chefs, art teachers and fitness instructors who will now be able to unlock a world of new perspectives within video conferencing so viewers – be it friends, family or clients – are so intimately involved that they can practically taste, touch or even feel the burn from whatever is being shared.

Muchísimas gracias. Es una funcionalidad que he esperado. Me ha funcionado muy bien, a pesar que todavía es versión beta, aún no he obtenido ningún error. Agradezco por el esfuerzo que ustedes hacen por mantenernos siempre actualizados. Ahora ya podré realizar mis video-conferencias con la mayor calidad que solo GoPro ofrece.

Saludos cordiales!

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi All,

I just bought the camera (Go Pro 8 Hero Black) because of this feature (webcam with a good resolution). However, it only worked with Zoom in my experiments. 

I tried it on Skype, and as @theavjedi mentioned, it did not work. I also tried on ScreenFlow, and it also did not work.

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.5

Skype for Mac 8.62.0.85

Screenflow 9.0.4

Is it also possible to use it on FaceTime? In my FaceTime I was not able to use it.

Please, update the app to allow us to use it on Skype and Softwares like ScreenFlow. I can see the video in ScreenFlow, but when I start the recording, I received the an error (attached).

Screenshot 2020-07-15 at 20.51.41.png
Hiker

[ New ]
@leonardoribeiro Sadly, NO ONE should buy a GoPro just because of this BETA released webcam feature. I have been following this topic for months, way before the feature came out. GoPro is way behind the curve on this, and is stumbling to fix a lot of things that cheaper cameras do much better. I *did* get the Beta working with OBS, but there's still issues (like no audio). Wait for the feature to mature, then make a decision! Buyer beware!
Tourist

[ New ]

@nobledusk06736 of course, this was not the main reason why I bought the camera. However, it was one of the reasons.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Windows ...
When? When? When? When? When? When? When?
Please, tell us when!
Sightseer

[ New ]

I second the questions from the others. A windows version would be amazing and something I desperately need. Is there an aproximate ETA? 

Thanks,

R

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, the Skype App is not working at the moment, but it will Sype work via Chrome