Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
GoPro Community Manager

Introducing the GoPro Webcam Beta

[ New ]

HERO8 Black now doubles as a durable, mountable, ultra-high-quality webcam with a beta camera firmware update and new desktop utility – no third-party accessories required.

GoPro Webcam is for both the traditional and the creative home "offices" because not everyone is streaming from a desk. It's the personal chefs, art teachers and fitness instructors who will now be able to unlock a world of new perspectives within video conferencing so viewers – be it friends, family or clients – are so intimately involved that they can practically taste, touch or even feel the burn from whatever is being shared.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Introducing the GoPro Webcam Beta

[ New ]

GoPro Webcam mode uses a new protocal called GoPro Connect.  The Quik Desktop app uses MTP.  You can re-enable MTP by going to Preferences -> Connections -> USB Connection and switching from GoPro Connect to MTP.  Note this will disable GoPro Webcam.  

View solution in original post

All Replies
Sightseer

[ New ]
Very nice to see all the improvements and innovations with the Hero8. Sadly it seems the webcam software does not include windows os.
GoPro

[ New ]

We are working on it! 

Sightseer

[ New ]
This is awesome! hopefully it will be soon. I literally almost bought a used cam link 4k from ebay for like $150 which is absurd!
Hiker

[ New ]
Thanks for finally making this feature available. I worked with Daryl from support to get this working on High Sierra, and suggest that you make High Sierra part of the next release. Lots of folks are still actively using High Sierra because Catalina has caused many multimedia shops a lot of trouble with upgrades specific to our industry. Also, please consider that many folks have old GoPros that are practically unusable as adventure cams because of the deteriorated battery life. These can, however, be very good webcams. I'm thinking here of the Hero 5 Session, which also has USB-C. It would be great if the webcam feature was available there. Here's hoping GoProWebcam gets out of Beta soon, and into the standard firmware update!
Tourist

[ New ]
Is it only available for the Hero 8?
Hiker

[ New ]
@macribas wrote: Is it only available for the Hero 8? According to their site, it's just for Hero 8. But I am hoping they go back to Hero 5 Session with this too. Guess we'll see. Up to now, the workarounds to get this to work were horrible. I tried several of them and have been watching this topic keenly for several months.
Tourist

[ New ]
This is awesome. How does the audio get recorded. I don't see a way to use the GoPro Audio as a source. You can also record the GoPro using QuickTime under new movie recording. Again no auido. If you use a seperate audio mic there is a sync issue.