Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
Tourist

Re: Hero8 as Webcam over FaceTime on Mac?!

[ New ]

This one has me a little puzzled.  

I have a Mac Mini that shows alternate webcams in FT, but my MacBook Pro doesn't.  Both running the same version of MacOS.  

Trying to figure out why FT is acting differently.

Sightseer

[ New ]
What OS is your Mac Mini running?
Sightseer

[ New ]

Did anyone find more information about this? I moved on from the laptops to a mac mini a while ago and have still have not been able to find a way to use Apples Facetime with an external camera; I even tried  software-based solutions available via the iPhone app store .. when that didn't work. I asked the developer for help on that app he wrote back and said Apple removed support for 3rd party camera's a while ago. Still, I'm not sure if that was just relating to software cameras.   I would like to get this working. Cheers! Daz

Nomad

[ New ]

Replying to Paulina message or comment above who states that gopro does not work with skype..  Sorry but yes it does been using skype since the release of the mac app without any issues. It works with skype,zoom,and even Facebooks messenger video chat. 

@paulinav66625 wrote:

En las aplicaciones indicadas por GoPro NO está FaceTime y por cierto, en este momento Skype tampoco funciona con la GoPro

Tourist

[ New ]

Replying to ricky138 about Skype. For me, it works when I use the Skype website (skype.com) but NOT with the Skype app on my Mac (iMac with Mac OS Catalina)... Is it the same for you ?

Tourist

[ New ]

Looks like GoPro created another useless app. GoPro web cam doesnt work with Mac facetime or skype. Brilliant...(useless)

Hiker

[ New ]

what OS do you have Big Sur or Catalina?

Tourist

[ New ]

I'm using Catalina and I'm also experiencing this issue. The GoPro app is detected by Zoom but not by Skype or by Facetime. Very frustrating since the GoPro is a much better camera.