Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
Tourist

Hero8 as Webcam over FaceTime on Mac?!

[ New ]

Hi everybody,

Firmware update and software installation worked well, the webcam function is working fine on my MAC.

But how can I set the Hero8 as a webcam in FaceTime on MAC? According to the website FaceTime is supported.

Thanks

David

GoPro

Re: Hero8 as Webcam over FaceTime on Mac?!

[ New ]

Hello @radioema. Did you already set the GoPro as the camera to use under FaceTime's settings menu? Also, check out this article Introducing GoPro Webcam Beta for more information.

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi, thanks but i already followed all of these steps. The GoPro shows up in Zoom perfectly and it is selectable. In FaceTime the GoPro doesn’t show up at all in the setting menu. There isn’t even a possibility of choosing any webcam. On the Apple site it is mentioned that there are only other Webcams selectable if they are connected properly
. So I guess that Facetime doesn’t recognize the GoPro although it is connected and generally working. Do you have any idea?
Thank you!
Sightseer

[ New ]

I'm having the same issue and was wondering if there was an extra step missing for facetime or photobooth. Thanks!

Screenshot 2020-07-10 at 11.03.07 PM.png
Tourist

[ New ]
Dear GoPro team, do you have any idea how to solve this issue? Thanks a lot
Tourist

[ New ]

I have the exact same problem. I'm able to use my GP Hero8 as a webcam with Skype online (not the app on my iMac). Can't figure out how to use it with Facetime.

Any help is welcome !  ;-)

Sightseer

[ New ]

En las aplicaciones indicadas por GoPro NO está FaceTime y por cierto, en este momento Skype tampoco funciona con la GoPro

Sightseer

[ New ]

Same issue. I tried on macOS Catalina and macOS Big Sur. Not working on multiple computers.