Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
Highlighted
Sightseer

Gopro hero 8 working on webcam app but not detected on video application

I have installed webcam app on my macbook and my hero 8 is working properly on webcam prevview but when i open zoom or webex app there is no option to choose the gopro webcam app.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Gopro hero 8 working on webcam app but not detected on video application

Second that, i get same behaviour.

Gopro fw 2.0, gopro webcam 1.0.220, macos 10.15.5

Regards

Matt
Highlighted
Nomad

Apparently this is a issue with Mac's due to third party apps or companies not updating firmware with correct permissions to Apple software. So this is actually a problem with apps like  zoom,teams,windows skype who need to update firmware with correct permissions and drivers. Its not a gopro thing. 

Highlighted
Hiker

But the problem is that GoPro explicitly says:

"Here are some popular tools that support GoPro Webcam on Mac

• YouTube Live - Using Chrome
  • Zoom - App/Chome
  • Webex - Using Chrome 
  • Slack - Using Chrome 
  • Google Meet 
  • Microsoft Teams..."

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Use-Your-GoPro-as-a-Webcam/ta-p/665493

I have the same problem on an iMac in middle of September 2020.

GoPro 8 Black with Up To Date FW is working as in: I can see the preview in the GoPro software; the Permission are correctly set, I did all trouble shooting suggestions suggested on the above mentioned GoPro link, did a rebbot of camera, app, and iMac as well as recabeling but the camera does not show in the MS Teams App.

Highlighted
Hiker

OK, here's the solution:

First, completely exit out of Teams, then open Terminal on your Mac and issue the following commands:

If you havent installed xcode previously, first run:

xcode-select --install

Then, run:

sudo codesign --remove-signature "/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app"

(you will have to enter your Mac's PW)

and then:

sudo codesign --remove-signature "/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app/Contents/Frameworks/Microsoft Teams Helper.app"

Once you've issued those commands, open up Teams.  It should ask you for an administrator password to allow the (now) unsigned application to access your keychain.  Once entering your password and selecting, "Always Allow", the issue should be resolved. (At least until the next update to teams is released).

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/microsoft-teams-mac-os-client-is-not-recognizi...