Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
Tourist

GoPro webcam lag and glitchy after a few minutes of useage

[ New ]

Hi,

Every time I try to use GoPro as a webcam it didn't work well. When I start a meeting the video is fine, but after a few minutes the video starts lagging and glitching the image. I've tried with Microsoft Teams desktop, Microsoft Teams in Chrome and Webex in Chrome. 

MacOS Catalina: 10.15.6

GoPro Webcam:  1.0.224

GoPro Hero 8: 2.0

Thanks for your time.

Sightseer

Re: GoPro webcam lag and glitchy after a few minutes of useage

[ New ]

I am having the exact same problem. Even when I am just in the "Preview" window of the GoPro Webcam application this happens. When I'm on 1080p or 720p this happens. I get about 1-2minutes of good video, then it starts to glitch out. It's not just a smooth 5s lag or something similar, the image tears back and forth from new and previous frames of me on camera. 720p glitches less, but is still glitching to the point of it being unusable.

Tourist

[ New ]
Did you found a solution? Im having the same problem
Sightseer

[ New ]
The "webcam mode" completely sucks. Horrible quality and fps in all applications.
Tourist

[ New ]

Man I have the same issue!! And it's pissing me off. I upgraded my OS on my MacBook Pro , I deleted and reinstalled GoPro software..made sure all firm ware was updated... and it still glitches back and forth in webcam mode! Sometimes it does it with with old video from the previous session!! I use the GoPro Mod on my Hero 9 and also can't seem to use the media mod's shotgun mic. Instead it only recognizes my laptops mic. GoPro's webcam support for this absolutely sucks!!! I even went and bought a lavelier mic to plug in my media mod to see if that would help and nope, no dice! I bought this set up to use as a Zoom media set up for meetings ... and to use my gopro when out and so far it's been a waste of money as I just have to revert to my mac's factory mic and camera. If I would have know this I would not have bought this.. I already had a GoPro 6 that works just as good as my 9 turned off. If anyone has any solutions please let me know.

2013 MacBook Pro- Big Sur

Hero 9 with Media Mod

Tourist

[ New ]

I'm having the same issue with the GoPro 9. I'm thinking I'll just return it.