Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
Hiker

Re: GoPro Webcam for Windows Beta is available!

[ New ]

Dear @skenning and @GoPro Can you please give us an update on the situation, without further imrpovements on the webcam drivers I have to sell the camera asap as long as I can get good money for it.

Tourist

[ New ]

Better sell it quick. You wont get any answer from GoPro.

Tourist

[ New ]

I guess I will add my disappointment here as well.  One of big reasons I bought my Hero 9 was for the webcam.  Lags too much to use as a webcam as sound and lips don't match!  Will this be fixed?

Tourist

[ New ]

How did you get it to connect at all?

For me, it will only connect in MTP. Buggy software crashes every time it's supposed to "switch" to webcam mode. What genius thought that automating this switch was a good idea? It's not. 

Hiker

[ New ]

@livelybluf60575 wrote:

Better sell it quick. You wont get any answer from GoPro.

I sold it. Fun fact, from the money I lost by buying and reselling I could have bought a proper Logitech StreamCam in the first place. This was a very disappointing customer experience. I understand the word Beta, but when I ordered it back in October there were regular updates and open communication on Facebook, by the time I got it there were no more updates for almost 3 months and they closed the community and don't answer to any questions. Good luck to all of you, I'm outta here Heart

Tourist

[ New ]

SOLVED ISSUE NO PREVIEW ON WINDOWS:

JUST TURN OFF MY AVAST ANTI VIRUS, INSTANTANELY START WORKING, NO NEED TO TURN OFF FIRWALL.

Tourist

[ New ]

I tried this with no luck. I don't have any third party software installed, just windows 10 default firewall. I looked at advanced settings and it seems to be giving all the relevant permissions to the gopro application (although i am not in any way qualified in IT so could be missing something here). 

To be honest i understand its a beta software that seems to have been abandoned but it pisses me off in particular given that they actually advertise this as a feature on the hero 9 sales page (which is the deciding factor on why i bought this). 

Tourist

[ New ]
Also, i now cannot actually find anywhere to try downloading and reinstalling the webcam app from, any ideas? the link on the website still takes you to instructions to join a facebook group (ridiculous, but i did request this months ago and still have not been accepted).