Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
Tourist

Re: GoPro Webcam for Windows Beta is available!

[ New ]

Will the software update support, which stopped as of October 2020, continue?
The latest software is Beta 8 and many bugs still continue.
Many people bought this product for hundreds of dollars to use as a webcam, like me, but we see that software development support was stopped suddenly.
Can we get an explanation about this?

Tourist

[ New ]

You know that you have used webcam feature extensively as a marketing strategy and many companies and professionals bought this product to improve their work quality. The fact that the developments have stopped in a short time is seriously damaging the trust in the GoPro brand. The weakness in community management has reached serious proportions, and no statement is made on the issue. If you are going to add this feature to sell, provide software support for a while and then move away from providing support like other cheap companies, please make a statement that "the development process has stalled" so that we can maintain our trust in you. 
Unfortunately, on my country "Turkey" have no GoPro liaison office. For our company, we have bought 200+ GoPro Hero9 Black for use in video conferencing. Due to such problems, our business is interrupted, support mails are not answered and we cannot see your answers in the forums. How long will this situation continue?

Sightseer

[ New ]

Que merda de serviço é este? Parece que é um favor da gopro dar um software para usar a can no windows.

Dai agora tem que obrigar o consumidor a entrar numa comunidade de terceiros no facebook para baixar algo que deveria estar na atualização da camera para todos?

Tomem vergonha na cara gopro. Se paga caro por este produto, não somos palhaços.

Além do mais é propaganda enganosa mostrar que a camera funciona como web cam e depois vir com este papinho de que só funciona com um sistema que é igual boto cor de rosa, quase ninguem usa.

Vergonha na cara 2.5 litros para vcs.

-------------

What the **bleep** is this service? It seems like gopro's favor to give software to use can on windows.

So now you have to force the consumer to join a third party community on Facebook to download something that should be in the camera update for everyone?

Be ashamed of your gopro face. If you pay dearly for this product, we are not clowns.

Furthermore, it is misleading advertising to show that the camera works as a web cam and then come with this little chat that only works with a system that is like the pink button, almost nobody uses it.

Shame on your face 2.5 liters for you guys.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hey guys, 

I recently purchased the GoPro soley for its webcam feature. I am a streaming DJ / Producer using twitch. While using it on my macbook pro, I loved how it looked and the lighting was more magnificent than a Sony DSLR, except that it was gltichy as heck when I made fast movements on the camera. I decided to get a pc rig with a 3080 GPU card and when I used it, the quality was worse than a early 2000's nokia cell phone camera. Going through this thread, I am absolutely shocked that the beta devolopment has stopped (Is this true?). The webcam feature has so much potential and it is an unfinished product. I tried using the HERO9 with the capture card but when I have the settings as close as the way the webcam app process it, the HERO9 shuts off due to overheating. Is there anyway to make the gopro app work like the mac version without the glitchiness. This would be an absolute deal breaker for many who are now in this new market due to the pandemic. 

cheers

Hiker

[ New ]

My biggest concern if this will ever work - even if there are any stable drivers anytime in the far future - is overheating. The one time I manage to run it stable in a Zoom call just after an hour it overheated and stopped working for about 30 minutes. I hope this was just a bad coincidence, otherwise it won't work for me anyway.

Tourist

[ New ]

So disappointed in GoPro Webcam Software, I bought the GoPro Hero 8 for $450, and when I setup in OBS the 1080p@60fps, the quality is really really bad... and I need to buy a f*cking capture card for $200 and a media mod for +$100 to connect via HDMI and get a better quality.... It is not worth.

I am planning to sold it, because yesterday I bought a Canon EOS 4000d for $395, simple connect via USB, and gosh, the quality is much better, as different as chalk and cheese. I think if connect it with HDMI, the quality will much much better, but it is enoguh for me.

Conclusion: can't use gopro as a webcam normally, I can make this quality with a Logi c920 and I save my money....

Tourist

[ New ]

Purchased this camera to use for my online classes. I needed something that would allow me to live stream, have a wide view, and capture fast motion. The first is the most important. LIVE STREAM.

Do you not want teachers to be able to teach online during the pandemic? Seems counter to your ads.

THIS Camera does not connect to Win10 as per your instructions for online streaming. THERE IS NO CAMERA FEED. IT IS NOT CONNECTED.

Please don't insult or patronize me. I'm neither stupid nor ignorant. I've worked with tech for 30 years have connected lots of devices to various systems. With this, I've tried several things. File transfer -- not what I NEED -- does connect. So you did get that working.

OBS studio (for live streaming) can't even see the camera.

Windows can't see the camera.

There is no "Go Pro" icon as is claimed by all your instructions.

Once again, if you patronize me by asking if I read the --bleep-- instructions I will make sure you understand how offensive I find that.

Neither can I install the Media Mod SOFTWARE to try to use an HDMI connection via a Magewell capture device because ... your stupid ignorant --bleep-- camera will only allow that update if I have a phone connected -- the phone that doesn't work with your --bleep-- software because you can't be bothered to consider anything that might be backward compatible.

And you don't include a USB cradle for the micro card, so I can't try that either.

Really horrible experience. Bad thing to do to a teacher, developer, and well, anyone.

I intended to use the camera to record an extensive library of classes. I already have over 100 hours recorded. I have 500-800 more to be done.

Either you can help sort this out or you can give me a refund and I'll go find a Sony or something else that actually works without having to reinvent the wheel.

Tourist

[ New ]

"Connect the HERO9 Black to your computer to broadcast in 1080p HD. Use optional GoPro mounts to create your ideal webcam setup."

This appears to be false.