Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
Tourist

Re: GoPro Webcam for Windows Beta is available!

[ New ]

I installed the Webcam for Windows Beta version today but all I see in the preview pane is the GoPro logo or just a green screen. Does anyone have any suggestions to remedy this issue?

Tourist

[ New ]

So i was using gopro's webcam plugin to live stream my wedding on friday and have some feedback that may help. The gopro hero8 worked flawlessly on macbook on the day. However, gopro hero9 had constant issues whereby the camera only occasionally previews (both on windows and mac) and would then cut out, with various different error codes generated. Also, when trying to use in both youtube live and facebook, it only pulls through either a still image before cutting out, or just shows the gopro logo. We managed to get the hero9 to stream live on youtube briefly after a random combination of resetting and unplugging. 

Basically, the software seems to work great with hero8 but terrible with hero9 whether on mac or pc. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I solved my problem by upgrading to a better USB cable that support Usb 3.1 and USB 3.2. Also, I found the preview will not display using the NVIDIA GeForce MX250 processor, but will work with the Intel UHD Graphics processor. So far it works with Skype; fingers crossed the system will not crash.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Group is not accepting new members anymore.
Follow links below to download directly.
Download Windows Webcam App here: Windows 10 Required.
https://install.appcenter.ms/orgs/sw-team-devops-rimo/apps/gopro-webcam-for-windows-beta-1/distribut...
Download MacOS version here: MacOS 10.14 or newer required. For GoPro Hero8 Only
https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Use-Your-GoPro-as-a-Webcam/ta-p/665493
Download Firmware here: (or update using the GoPro Mobile App)
https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero8-black
Tourist

[ New ]

Hello there,

I am using GoPro Hero 8 Black camera on Windows 10, and the camera is streaming on 720p. How can I change to 1080p?

I saw this mention in the new fetures list on AppCenter:

"Fixed quality issues that could occur when client app is set to 1080p."

But I can't do this, there is no option to change. What did I wrong or what is the solution, can somebody help me pls?

Hiker

[ New ]

It's been over two months since the last beta update and the software actually feels very beta. This is very disappointing, other manufacturers managed to deliver proper webcam features 6 months ago and we are still stuck with beta sofftware, no communication, closed facebook groups. Can you please provide an update on software development and a roadmap when we can expect a stable version and which features will be implemented?

Sightseer

[ New ]

It would be great, can you please do that?

Tourist

[ New ]

Hope it will be fixed and can use normally like other cam software, I believe in GoPro Webcam