Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
Sightseer

Re: GoPro Webcam for Windows Beta is available!

[ New ]

Our School just purchased about 20 GP8 cameras :) for the purpose of using them as both Video/WebCam.

I'm testing gout the webcam features now. Here is what I did.

1: DL App - install/restart comp

2: Open App- and see an icon in the bottom right taskbar.

3: Connect GP8 to Comp - icon now shows blue dot and GP8 shows WebCam in the display window of the camera :)

----------

Launch Win Camera App to test = no go :(

Launch Google Chrome *Meetup - goto 3 dots bottom right - settings/video and select GP8 source. (I can see splash page GP) :(

Quit meet but now my comp cam is still on and can't shut off. *I can see my light for comp cam is on and test it because I can't use it with anything after... ex: camera app - error code 0xA00F4243<CameraReservedByAnotherApp> (0xC00D3704).

The only way to fix it is to restart comp again and all is back to normal.

That's as far as I could go. (hope this helps developers) code on! :) 

Thank you for your time.

Aaron from CT

Tourist

[ New ]

I have a lot of problems right now.

1. Some how I got it to work in preview mode on my desktop (guess thats good).

2. When connecting to my work laptop which using WIFI it kills my connections instand when plugging in camera and having the app installed. Seems it identify it as a network adapter and turns off my WIFI.

3. Ok fine...I can connect the ethernet cable in it but the preview is still white.

4. Whatever I do I cannot find the "System preferences -> Security and Privacy -> Privacy - Check the Gopro Webcam" as they have in their manual. Can someone step by step guide me to find this setting? I have tried everything. It might be this setting I found on my desktop but now cant find on the laptop.

Any help would be so great!

(The Gopro 8 is updated with latest firmware and I am using a USB 3 cable)

Hiker

Betreff: GoPro Webcam for Windows Beta is available!

[ New ]

I've got the new HERO9 on the latest stable firmware v1.22 and want to use it as a webcam.

On my Thinkpad Carbon X1 (2017) it works mostly flawless (although with some lag and quite CPU heavy, but OK). 

On my PC I can't make it work. It's a clean Windows 10 setup, drivers are up to date, I just did a system reset a few weeks ago and did not encounter any other problems. I already tried to reinstall the latest Webcam Beta. I get two errors when I connect the HERO9, a camera connection error and a USB device not recognized error message. The biggest difference between these two systems is that I have a dedicated grahpics card in my PC (GeForce GTX 1050 Ti), otherwise it's a very default system configuration based on an Intel Core i7-4770. 

I understand this is Beta, so I didn't expect it to work a 100% but how can I give useful informations to the devs so this can be investigated and get fixed in future versions?

GoPro Error.jpg

Tourist

[ New ]

Where is the download? The facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/goprowebcam  option that directs to the microsoft app center does not have the file. https://install.appcenter.ms/orgs/sw-team-devops-rimo/apps/gopro-webcam-for-windows-beta-1/distribut... 

This is the error:

gopro-webcam-for-windows-beta-1

No releases for this app
You’ll receive an email once this app is released.

Thanks for any help!
Sightseer

[ New ]

Yeah very true. The link seems to be dead even tho it worked yesterday

Sightseer

[ New ]

When i go to the facenbook site and then click on the link it just says

gopro-webcam-for-windows-beta-1
                    No releases for this app
You’ll receive an email once this app is released.

and it wont let me download it is there a new link?

Hiker

[ New ]

I posted a negative comment about the awful quality of that beta app for windows in the facebook page whereupon I was immediately banned from access!  Now I cannot download and install the beta anymore.  Is this anyway to treat a paying customer?  

Sightseer

[ New ]

bought gopro 8 and realized the webcam feature doesn't work.

i felt like I got scammed!