Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
Tourist

Re: GoPro Webcam for Windows Beta is available!

[ New ]

see attached picture. I get this error. Have tried many different cables and 3 USB ports but no luck

Annotation 2020-08-29 220011.png
Tourist

[ New ]

Why outsource assistance to FaceBook?   I thought that was the entire point of the GoPro forums.  As a side note, I have a faceBook account but I generally dislike using faceBook for anything.   Why do you need to glom onto my friends list so I can get technical support?

After installing, I find that:

• The GoPro preview works
  • The Zoom application works
  • Snap Camera does not work - no GoPro camera is available to select
  • BlueJeans does not work - no GoPro camera is available to select

Do I ask that question here, or on FaceBook, or what?

Tourist

I don't have a Facebook account!

[ New ]

Using Facebook to distribute your software is so weird! It's like you are some tiny company with no idea how to use the internet, instead of, you know, the global leader in action cameras! Really GoPro, just put the software on your own site already.

Hiker

[ New ]

For everyone's privacy, please don't force users to download beta software via Facebook links. It's bad practice, and they haven't actually improved their privacy policies, only convoluted them to make congress believe they've changed. A download link hosted on gopro.com would suffice. 

Tourist

Re: I don't have a Facebook account!

[ New ]

Hmm, maybe GoPro's idea was to do a small test of unfinished beta software with limited users before releasing the finished software to the general public. The problem is that the GoPro app on my mobile informed me that there was a software update for my camera, and that it included the ability for my camera to function as a webcam, something I'd been waiting for ever since I bought the camera! So of course I rushed to the GoPro site and tried to find the Windows software, only to be told I had to join a private Facebook group. Next time you are trying to do a quiet beta test, don't announce it to the entire world!

Sightseer

[ New ]

You do not need facebook account to download the software.

Just click the about this group and the software is there.

I tested and works perfect on skype

Tourist

[ New ]

About this group? 

Sightseer

[ New ]

GoPro Webcam has some issues id like to address.

When using the webcam application (i realise its a Beta but its always good to inform), the application seems to have output issues on things like OBS, and with Discord it has a green screen.

i know that these issues are probably because of compatibility and not being directly coded and implimented for those particular applications but it tends to be impacting on what i want to use it for which is streaming and video chat on discord (i prefer to use discord, i have Zoom but its not exactly my go-to at this time).

i also hope that these things become added:

- Video Resolution options (maybe up to 1080-1440p 30fps + 720p 60fps)
- Direct compatibility to OBS, Discord and other interactive applications that are commonly used for content creators and just for video chat in general.
- Direct compatibility for Windows Camera (Win 10 preferably)
- Some more Options for video such as contrast, saturation and exposure. limited before colour isnt misrepresented by the compression and sensors ability.
- Full HD preview of the webcam through the applications Webcam Preview

i can live with it being used as a small 480p webcam for streams but i would like to be able to go fullscreen for more interactive content on those streams (which is why i would like those resolution options possible).

if theres possibilty to be a registered tester and provide feedback more consistently ill happily do so.
my email: SamDrawsArt@Gmail.com

i will say on a positive note that the webcam has great colour, albiet its latency to process the footage is almost impractical, it works for its purposes and im happy with it for now while im still testing its boundaries!

2020.09.12-19.55.png