Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
Tourist

Re: GoPro Webcam for Windows Beta is available!

[ New ]

Thanks.. will try on it

Tourist

[ New ]

Admittedly a little finicky on first connect, making sure the cam is freshly powered on before connecting can go a long way to instant success but otherwise working great here with Hero8 and latest release of webcam software (v1.0.0.614). I run it without issue on two separate computers, a fresh Dell Latitude (10th gen Intel chipset/graphics) and a Gigabyte white-box build (Ryzen5/RTX2070S).

I suspect the root of a measure of reported problems are individually environmental. Running somewhat current tech in general can go a long way to get around compatibility issues. Most folks don't and/or won't install OS or driver updates (that aren't fully automatic) but ensuring chipset, BIOS, graphics and audio drivers are all up to date was once a foundational recommendation~ anytime you want to run a new bit of kit. Poor quality cables and broken/dodgy connections are obviously a non-starter, but something the average Joe may also not consider. As a specific example I have a super cheap 6' USB3?/USB-C cable that came from who knows where that half works; the cam thinks USB is connected but the webcam app doesn't see it. I've got a second known-quality 6' USB3.2/USB-C cable and it works flawlessly. I am not going to get into the weeds here with USB generations 3.1/3.2 (is that gen1, gen2 or gen2x2?) and the speeds/parameters/compatibility between the various types of USB connections~ if you have a few Saturdays to spare, there's tons of information out there on the subject. Suffice to say your junk better be up to snuff or you’ll have problems.

Hiker

[ New ]

I'm not having any problems getting it started and getting it to work with Zoom, Skype or Teams.  But the BIG problem is that the video still lags the audio by a fraction of a second.  Its noticeable to the audience I am presenting to and I can also observe it on recordings.  This is totally unacceptable for a professional environment.  Thats why I bought the GoPro - for use as a webcam and it isn't performing at the high level its expected.

Tourist

[ New ]

Update released 3/18. Installed app prompts for download & install but hangs at 0%.  I saw an FAQ that suggested enabling sideloading apps in OS under dev settings. I ain't doin that, find another way dev team! :) Manual uninst/reinst works.

GoPro Webcam 1.0.0.633 Beta 10.2 

Tourist

[ New ]

Downloaded version 1.0.0.638 - first time user and new camera owner.  The computer recognizes the camera (using Microsoft Teams) however it doesn't display the video rather it shows a stock GoPro wallpaper in place of the live video feed.  Does the software require external IP access which is potenially being blocked by my endpoint manager?  Has anyone else seen this issue?  Did I miss an important setting?

GoPro.png

Nomad

[ New ]

after the first time installed, you should get a warning to accept administrator rights for the app. Dunno if you got those?

Tourist

[ New ]

It's likely that my work security settings are blocking necessary security rights.  When I try to actually run the software on my laptop it never loads. I tried to "run as administrator" and that didn't help.  The drivers are installed so Teams sees the camera but it doesn't work and eventually locks Teams.  Ugh.

Nomad

[ New ]

Be sure you run not preview from the GoPro webcam app. It cant show 2 feeds on the same time.