Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
Tourist

Re: GoPro Webcam for Windows Beta is available!

[ New ]

For webcam funcionality should be great if we have few controls on WINDOWS:

1. White Balance
  2. ISO
  3. Exposition
  4. Mirror

I GoPro need inspiration just check a very small software called iVcam, you can use cell phone as a webcam... and on windows software you can control the white ballance, aperture, etc...

In my case that I have my computer in front of a window my skin is aways out of range on white if I use gopro.

Tourist

[ New ]

I'm really disappointed with the Go PRO 9 camera -- it fails to work as a web cam. The support provided is non-existent.

The sales hype is over the top but the service and software belongs in the circular. Considering what to do. 

Here's the link. They moved it so you don't have to join the group to get the download. Just awful at being considerate of consumers, especally teachers. We don't have the "advertising reach" of the biggy big sports brands. 

Teachers are not important. We aren't rich enough to matter to companies like Go Pro that make promises they don't keep. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/goprowebcam

Sightseer

Betreff: GoPro Webcam for Windows Beta is available!

[ New ]

I am quite disappointed. This webcam feature is all over the website and was, among other, the reason to purchase a brandnew GoPro Hero9 Black.

Now it turnes out that I do need an additional piece of software, available as Beta only, in order to run it.

That rules out the use as a webcam for me and anyone else with a company laptop and no administrative rights to install SW on my own.

Any cheap china action-cam offers this feature plug-n-play, but the most reknown brand cannot? I understand that you want to offer additonal features with your software (once its running), but at least give your customers the choice to use it as is by simply plug it in the USB-port. Whats the big deal?

Thanks and greets from Berlin, stay safe

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello,

I check and upgrade the Webcam client every day if possible. However my problem is still exsit.

I see only black screen in the preview and gopro logo in Skype.

I added more detail here:

https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Webcam/Gopro8-webcam-and-Intel-UHD-620/m-p/963501

Am I the only one with this problem? :)

Best regards.

gopro_webcam.png
Tourist

[ New ]

Since buying the gopro hero 9 last december, I managed to use the webcam function once! The first time i connnected it after installing, it worked ok. Since then it hasn't worked at all. I've updated the firmware, i've installed/removed/reinstalled multiple times, tried multiple usb-c cables, multiple usb 3.0 ports...
Since the update from jan 29th, I sometimes get the blue dot. This seems as an improvement as before it wouldn't show at all, though it appears that it's not related to the gopro being connected at all. The most i get is a go pro preview screen and an error message 5 secs later urging me to reconnect the camera.

Having Teams open or not sometimes has an impact on the blue dot appearing or not.
The graphics card is a gtx1070Ti, windows 10pro with a hardware vpn (router) to the office (sophos, cyber protect, ...), user profile has admin rights, dual xeon cpu, ...
I can't put my finger on what the problem actually is. All i can think about is that it doesn't register correctly as a usb-device. Can I send my log file somewhere?
It's also strange that it worked once, but not since after one single reboot (does it still block something?).

There's a lof of this in the log:

[:GetDetails]  
[:GetDetails] SetupDiGetDeviceInterfaceDetail-1 error, 122
[:GetDetails] CreateFile path, \\?\usb#root_hub20#4&451b471&0#{f18a0e88-c30c-11d0-8815-00a0c906bed8}
[:GetDetails] DeviceIoControl hub/port/error, 0,3,87
[:GetDetails] CreateFile path, \\?\usb#root_hub20#4&bac8d5&0#{f18a0e88-c30c-11d0-8815-00a0c906bed8}
[:GetDetails] DeviceIoControl hub/port/error, 1,3,87
[:GetDetails] CreateFile path, \\?\usb#root_hub30#4&1df59b48&0&0#{f18a0e88-c30c-11d0-8815-00a0c906bed8}
[:GetDetails] DeviceIoControl hub/port/error, 2,22,87
[:GetDetails] CreateFile path, \\?\usb#vid_8087&pid_8002#5&c96080c&0&1#{f18a0e88-c30c-11d0-8815-00a0c906bed8}
[:GetDetails] DeviceIoControl hub/port/error, 3,9,87
[:GetDetails] CreateFile path, \\?\usb#vid_1a40&pid_0101#5&19062f85&0&7#{f18a0e88-c30c-11d0-8815-00a0c906bed8}
[:GetDetails] DeviceIoControl hub/port/error, 4,5,87
[:GetDetails] CreateFile path, \\?\usb#vid_03f0&pid_2524#5&19062f85&0&14#{f18a0e88-c30c-11d0-8815-00a0c906bed8}
[:GetDetails] DeviceIoControl hub/port/error, 5,5,87
[:GetDetails] CreateFile path, \\?\usb#vid_8087&pid_800a#5&1a1a2e9a&0&1#{f18a0e88-c30c-11d0-8815-00a0c906bed8}
[:GetDetails] DeviceIoControl hub/port/error, 6,7,87

The webcam feature was the main reason to get this gopro, though I'll probably sell it again soon to someone who doesn't care about the webcam feature. I have to fall back to the canon eos software and my big DSLR, which is quite impractical though works every single time.

Tourist

[ New ]

It seems strange why whould gopro force us so join some kind of a facebook to be able to download it and then send us to some kind of install appcenter, why not just put it to the gopro website? i guess i can trust it because the post was made by gopro mod but it is still strange, if it whould be by some random guy i whould straight away say its a virus. And i am not really sure if i should download it.

Tourist

[ New ]

They wanted to use the group as a marketing funnel. Unethical GoPRO. 

It's available from the main page without login but it doesn't work. The software doesn't work. GoPRO lied about being able to connect via usb -- all it does is lock the computer. GoPRO failed to properly test their software -- with their camera -- so the fancy software that's supposed to switch to webcam mode -- DOES NOT WORK. 

They should put the swich back on the menu and not use invasive methods to control my computer. 

It's a decent camera. Too bad the software and the company are ruining it. 

Tourist

[ New ]

You are correct. GoPRO screwed up the software / firmware and some of the boys decided to automate the switch to webcam mode (instead of leaving it on the menu) They screwed it up. The software never switches so the USB only crashes the machine. And it won't work via a converter either. Same reason.

The camera doesn't "switch" to USB / webcam mode. 

The software that runs the camera is junk. Bad code and lousy design. 

They should put the USB switch menu item back, let the camera be manually swiched to webcam mode, and then FULLY TEST IT for PUBLIC release not in their bubble-lab where everyone and everything is perfect.