Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
GoPro

GoPro Webcam for Windows Beta is available!

[ New ]

Hi Everyone, 

If you would like to test out GoPro Webcam on your Windows machine, please visit our GoPro Webcam Beta Facebook group. The group is located at https://www.facebook.com/groups/goprowebcam. You can download the software for your computer and firmware for your camera there. 

Please be sure to provide any feedback that you have in that forum and our dev team will be glad to accept the feedback and provide troubleshooting steps if needed. 

Thanks!

Tourist

Re: GoPro Webcam for Windows Beta is available!

[ New ]

Apologies to those who are regulars in this forum -- I don't know what the norms are here. That said, a post in a message board that directs users to a private FB group for a file download is only missing a reference to a Nigerian prince to be the perfect scam message. I understand the Windows software is a beta and therefore not available at the same page as regular software, but this seems like a needlessly convoluted way to provide access.

I hope my concern is misplaced, and I appreciate the efforts to develop software that expands the capabilities of the Hero 8.

Tourist

[ New ]

I guess this doesn't work with OBS? It shows as a selection and the icon light changes from blue to red but no video. Also there isn't any way to zoom? And the picture on the preview is really distorted.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi GoPro,

Glad to see this is finally available but forcing Go Pro, Windows users to join up to/ logon to Facebook is a strange decision. 

Why not just host on the GoPro site? 

Or basically any other site other than Facebook

G

Tourist

[ New ]

Tried it but don't see anyything in the preview. It just hangs.

@skenning wrote:

Hi Everyone, 

If you would like to test out GoPro Webcam on your Windows machine, please visit our GoPro Webcam Beta Facebook group. The group is located at https://www.facebook.com/groups/goprowebcam. You can download the software for your computer and firmware for your camera there. 

Please be sure to provide any feedback that you have in that forum and our dev team will be glad to accept the feedback and provide troubleshooting steps if needed. 

Thanks!

@skenning wrote:

Hi Everyone, 

Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Ok Im not a tech genius So maybe its just me. The directions are vague. Wher and how do I get this desktop software download. How do you do a update, Sorry Im old trying my best with this new tech.

Tourist

[ New ]
You have to let people Join before it can be downloaded . Why do we have to join Facebook group? Not cool.
Sightseer

[ New ]

Extremely frustrating that Gopro makes it so difficult to get the actual software download.  Not customer friendly on this one.   Just stop with the crap and gives us access to used our cameras.

Tourist

[ New ]

see attached picture. I get this error. Have tried many different cables and 3 USB ports but no luck

Annotation 2020-08-29 220011.png
Tourist

[ New ]

Why outsource assistance to FaceBook?   I thought that was the entire point of the GoPro forums.  As a side note, I have a faceBook account but I generally dislike using faceBook for anything.   Why do you need to glom onto my friends list so I can get technical support?

After installing, I find that:

• The GoPro preview works
  • The Zoom application works
  • Snap Camera does not work - no GoPro camera is available to select
  • BlueJeans does not work - no GoPro camera is available to select

Do I ask that question here, or on FaceBook, or what?

Tourist

I don't have a Facebook account!

[ New ]

Using Facebook to distribute your software is so weird! It's like you are some tiny company with no idea how to use the internet, instead of, you know, the global leader in action cameras! Really GoPro, just put the software on your own site already.

Hiker

[ New ]

For everyone's privacy, please don't force users to download beta software via Facebook links. It's bad practice, and they haven't actually improved their privacy policies, only convoluted them to make congress believe they've changed. A download link hosted on gopro.com would suffice. 

Tourist

Re: I don't have a Facebook account!

[ New ]

Hmm, maybe GoPro's idea was to do a small test of unfinished beta software with limited users before releasing the finished software to the general public. The problem is that the GoPro app on my mobile informed me that there was a software update for my camera, and that it included the ability for my camera to function as a webcam, something I'd been waiting for ever since I bought the camera! So of course I rushed to the GoPro site and tried to find the Windows software, only to be told I had to join a private Facebook group. Next time you are trying to do a quiet beta test, don't announce it to the entire world!

Sightseer

[ New ]

You do not need facebook account to download the software.

Just click the about this group and the software is there.

I tested and works perfect on skype

Tourist

[ New ]

About this group? 

Sightseer

[ New ]

GoPro Webcam has some issues id like to address.

When using the webcam application (i realise its a Beta but its always good to inform), the application seems to have output issues on things like OBS, and with Discord it has a green screen.

i know that these issues are probably because of compatibility and not being directly coded and implimented for those particular applications but it tends to be impacting on what i want to use it for which is streaming and video chat on discord (i prefer to use discord, i have Zoom but its not exactly my go-to at this time).

i also hope that these things become added:

- Video Resolution options (maybe up to 1080-1440p 30fps + 720p 60fps)
- Direct compatibility to OBS, Discord and other interactive applications that are commonly used for content creators and just for video chat in general.
- Direct compatibility for Windows Camera (Win 10 preferably)
- Some more Options for video such as contrast, saturation and exposure. limited before colour isnt misrepresented by the compression and sensors ability.
- Full HD preview of the webcam through the applications Webcam Preview

i can live with it being used as a small 480p webcam for streams but i would like to be able to go fullscreen for more interactive content on those streams (which is why i would like those resolution options possible).

if theres possibilty to be a registered tester and provide feedback more consistently ill happily do so.
my email: SamDrawsArt@Gmail.com

i will say on a positive note that the webcam has great colour, albiet its latency to process the footage is almost impractical, it works for its purposes and im happy with it for now while im still testing its boundaries!

2020.09.12-19.55.png
Sightseer

[ New ]

Seriously blown away by the fact I have to join a Facebook Group to Download? WHAT ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH ARE YOU THINKING!??!?!?!? Not impressed one bit.

Hiker

[ New ]

From where I can download gopro webcam app for windows? I have joined fb group but I didn't become member.

Tourist

[ New ]

I don't use Facebook - why is the webcam pc download not available  via GoPro's website?

@skenning wrote:

Hi Everyone, 

Thanks!

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi this app has worked very well in Skype and OBS for me but the GoPro 8 is not being recognized in the newly released Nvidia Broadcast Studio app.

I would really love to test out the GoPro on it.

Any suggestions or workarounds to allow it be recognized by the Nvidia app?

Hiker

[ New ]

Because GoPro appears to have hired a bunch of simple-minded children who are trying to force the adults to use Facebook, here's the catch, if you click on "See more" you will find the link to the download. 

GoPro Windows beta 01.PNG GoPro Windows beta 02.PNG

Barring that here's the direct link:  Windows Beta Webcam

Tourist

[ New ]

Will support for nvidia braodcast be added to this? I've yet to recieve my hero 9 and will return it if support isn't coming for it.

Sightseer

[ New ]

i would love to get hold of this software, but nobody has acknowledged my join request :(

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have requested the join on the group, but nobody acknowledges that....

Sightseer

[ New ]
Does anyone have the same experience as me? I can't run webcam software, and my system is also windows10. What's wrong with it
Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi there, all working fine for me. 
Windows 10 GoPro Hero 8 Black

Sightseer

[ New ]
You do not need to be accepted, the link for the download is under the about segment on the page
Tourist

[ New ]

Hero 9 with windows is not working by now.... hero 8 seem to work but not hero 9. Is incredible to launch something to the market before to be finished. I don't know how much time we'll have to wait, I am very angry with this... and I have to buy other camera to use as webcam... 

Tourist

[ New ]

My Hero9 works in Windows, but to varying degrees. With MS Teams it works fine, however with Zoom it works in the preview but as soon as the session starts it gets unusably jerky and starts lagging out.

I'm also kinda disappointed that there doesn't seem to be an option to use the built in microphone. Even when it's working in Teams the delay between the video and audio is apparently seriosuly annoying for people on the other end of hte call.

Sightseer

[ New ]

@alfredom6224 wrote:

Hero 9 with windows is not working by now.... hero 8 seem to work but not hero 9. Is incredible to launch something to the market before to be finished. I don't know how much time we'll have to wait, I am very angry with this... and I have to buy other camera to use as webcam... 

x2

Tourist

[ New ]

Install GoPro Webcam for Windows.  GoPro Webcam app can work and show preview but when using it on Zoom, Skype or Google Hangout the programs will hang and restart.  Please advise.  Running Windows 10 Home.  Thanks,

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, can i know which version of the GoPro Webcam you are using and your MS Windows 10 edition? Mine can't seem to work on Zoom, Skype and Google Hangout.  It will hang and the systrem will closed by itself. Thanks,

Sightseer

[ New ]

Our School just purchased about 20 GP8 cameras :) for the purpose of using them as both Video/WebCam.

I'm testing gout the webcam features now. Here is what I did.

1: DL App - install/restart comp

2: Open App- and see an icon in the bottom right taskbar.

3: Connect GP8 to Comp - icon now shows blue dot and GP8 shows WebCam in the display window of the camera :)

----------

Launch Win Camera App to test = no go :(

Launch Google Chrome *Meetup - goto 3 dots bottom right - settings/video and select GP8 source. (I can see splash page GP) :(

Quit meet but now my comp cam is still on and can't shut off. *I can see my light for comp cam is on and test it because I can't use it with anything after... ex: camera app - error code 0xA00F4243<CameraReservedByAnotherApp> (0xC00D3704).

The only way to fix it is to restart comp again and all is back to normal.

That's as far as I could go. (hope this helps developers) code on! :) 

Thank you for your time.

Aaron from CT

Tourist

[ New ]

I have a lot of problems right now.

1. Some how I got it to work in preview mode on my desktop (guess thats good).

2. When connecting to my work laptop which using WIFI it kills my connections instand when plugging in camera and having the app installed. Seems it identify it as a network adapter and turns off my WIFI.

3. Ok fine...I can connect the ethernet cable in it but the preview is still white.

4. Whatever I do I cannot find the "System preferences -> Security and Privacy -> Privacy - Check the Gopro Webcam" as they have in their manual. Can someone step by step guide me to find this setting? I have tried everything. It might be this setting I found on my desktop but now cant find on the laptop.

Any help would be so great!

(The Gopro 8 is updated with latest firmware and I am using a USB 3 cable)

Hiker

Betreff: GoPro Webcam for Windows Beta is available!

[ New ]

I've got the new HERO9 on the latest stable firmware v1.22 and want to use it as a webcam.

On my Thinkpad Carbon X1 (2017) it works mostly flawless (although with some lag and quite CPU heavy, but OK). 

On my PC I can't make it work. It's a clean Windows 10 setup, drivers are up to date, I just did a system reset a few weeks ago and did not encounter any other problems. I already tried to reinstall the latest Webcam Beta. I get two errors when I connect the HERO9, a camera connection error and a USB device not recognized error message. The biggest difference between these two systems is that I have a dedicated grahpics card in my PC (GeForce GTX 1050 Ti), otherwise it's a very default system configuration based on an Intel Core i7-4770. 

I understand this is Beta, so I didn't expect it to work a 100% but how can I give useful informations to the devs so this can be investigated and get fixed in future versions?

GoPro Error.jpg

Tourist

[ New ]

Where is the download? The facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/goprowebcam  option that directs to the microsoft app center does not have the file. https://install.appcenter.ms/orgs/sw-team-devops-rimo/apps/gopro-webcam-for-windows-beta-1/distribut... 

This is the error:

gopro-webcam-for-windows-beta-1

No releases for this app
You’ll receive an email once this app is released.

Thanks for any help!
Sightseer

[ New ]

Yeah very true. The link seems to be dead even tho it worked yesterday

Sightseer

[ New ]

When i go to the facenbook site and then click on the link it just says

gopro-webcam-for-windows-beta-1
                    No releases for this app
You’ll receive an email once this app is released.

and it wont let me download it is there a new link?

Hiker

[ New ]

I posted a negative comment about the awful quality of that beta app for windows in the facebook page whereupon I was immediately banned from access!  Now I cannot download and install the beta anymore.  Is this anyway to treat a paying customer?  

Sightseer

[ New ]

bought gopro 8 and realized the webcam feature doesn't work.

i felt like I got scammed!

Sightseer

[ New ]

it was working yesterday now its not today we just have to wait for them to look into it. it does work i did it yesterday. but now its dead.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I can't download the webcam app for windows 10. Can someone send me an installer?

Tourist

[ New ]

Can someone post in the facebook group that the link is dead?

Hiker

[ New ]
Sightseer

[ New ]

Installed the 1.0.0.324.msi file, and restarted as instructed. Installation went smoothly. When I attempt to run the GoPro WebCam software that was installed, get the following error: Graphics Processor Not Supported: "Graphics features currently required for webcam are not supported by your Hardware." Using an older Dell laptop without a webcam...thus the need for the GoPro. Is there a list of minimum system requirements for the Webcam functionality?

gopro_webcam_error.png
Tourist

[ New ]

Are there any updates planned, Windows beta webcam app has not been updated since October 31st ?

Sightseer

[ New ]

I've reqested to be in the group weeks ago and still no acceptance! this is just ridiculous to have to do to get it. Please accpet my request.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi GoPro Team,  I am using my Hero 9 as a webcam to stream our local non-profit aquatic center's kids swim meets.  I am using OBS on Windows 10 (Brand new laptop) to stream to YouTube.  Everything was setup perfectly and running smoothly. 

About 54 minutes into the stream, the webcam app crashed. I would have to restart the app, add the camera back into OBS and we were good.  However, the webcam app now crashes everything 14-15 minutes all the way to the end of the stream.  There was a total of 5 crashes, right on que of 14-15 minutes.

Any ideas on what to do?  We have numerous swim meets coming up and parents rely on the stream to see their children swim since they are not allowed in the building due to COVID. 

Thanks 

Tourist

[ New ]

I installed the Webcam for Windows Beta version today but all I see in the preview pane is the GoPro logo or just a green screen. Does anyone have any suggestions to remedy this issue?

Tourist

[ New ]

So i was using gopro's webcam plugin to live stream my wedding on friday and have some feedback that may help. The gopro hero8 worked flawlessly on macbook on the day. However, gopro hero9 had constant issues whereby the camera only occasionally previews (both on windows and mac) and would then cut out, with various different error codes generated. Also, when trying to use in both youtube live and facebook, it only pulls through either a still image before cutting out, or just shows the gopro logo. We managed to get the hero9 to stream live on youtube briefly after a random combination of resetting and unplugging. 

Basically, the software seems to work great with hero8 but terrible with hero9 whether on mac or pc.