Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
GoPro

GoPro Webcam for Windows Beta is available!

[ New ]

Hi Everyone, 

If you would like to test out GoPro Webcam on your Windows machine, please visit our GoPro Webcam Beta Facebook group. The group is located at https://www.facebook.com/groups/goprowebcam. You can download the software for your computer and firmware for your camera there. 

Please be sure to provide any feedback that you have in that forum and our dev team will be glad to accept the feedback and provide troubleshooting steps if needed. 

Thanks!

Tourist

Re: GoPro Webcam for Windows Beta is available!

[ New ]

Apologies to those who are regulars in this forum -- I don't know what the norms are here. That said, a post in a message board that directs users to a private FB group for a file download is only missing a reference to a Nigerian prince to be the perfect scam message. I understand the Windows software is a beta and therefore not available at the same page as regular software, but this seems like a needlessly convoluted way to provide access.

I hope my concern is misplaced, and I appreciate the efforts to develop software that expands the capabilities of the Hero 8.

Tourist

[ New ]

I guess this doesn't work with OBS? It shows as a selection and the icon light changes from blue to red but no video. Also there isn't any way to zoom? And the picture on the preview is really distorted.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi GoPro,

Glad to see this is finally available but forcing Go Pro, Windows users to join up to/ logon to Facebook is a strange decision. 

Why not just host on the GoPro site? 

Or basically any other site other than Facebook

G

Tourist

[ New ]

Tried it but don't see anyything in the preview. It just hangs.

@skenning wrote:

Hi Everyone, 

If you would like to test out GoPro Webcam on your Windows machine, please visit our GoPro Webcam Beta Facebook group. The group is located at https://www.facebook.com/groups/goprowebcam. You can download the software for your computer and firmware for your camera there. 

Please be sure to provide any feedback that you have in that forum and our dev team will be glad to accept the feedback and provide troubleshooting steps if needed. 

Thanks!

@skenning wrote:

Hi Everyone, 

Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Ok Im not a tech genius So maybe its just me. The directions are vague. Wher and how do I get this desktop software download. How do you do a update, Sorry Im old trying my best with this new tech.

Tourist

[ New ]
You have to let people Join before it can be downloaded . Why do we have to join Facebook group? Not cool.
Sightseer

[ New ]

Extremely frustrating that Gopro makes it so difficult to get the actual software download.  Not customer friendly on this one.   Just stop with the crap and gives us access to used our cameras.