Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
Sightseer

Re: GoPro Webcam unable to detect my camera. PLease help.

[ New ]

I have the same issue as well. 

MacOS 11.1 Big Sur with Hero 7 Black.

Using the USB to USB-C cable that came with the camera. 

Tourist

[ New ]

This page https://gopro.com/en/us/news/how-to-use-gopro-for-webcam says the Hero 7 Black is compatable with their webcam software; however, other pages on this same site say that the webcam software only works with the Hero 8 and 9. I've spent a lot of time trying to get this to work this afternoon before discovering this limitation. I don't understand why GoPro would not fix this error on their site given that people are complaining about it in this forum. Does the company even have anyone monitor these discussions?

misinformation.png
Sightseer

[ New ]

I tired GoPro webcam utility on two different mapro laptops both running OSX 10.15.7 Catalina and it could not recognize my GoPro hero 7. Thanks to Gopo support team Sharlotte who confirmed firmware refresh and tried relentlessly...however this does not work. Then I googled it and found these posts...thanks to all who posted. My college will not be upgrading to OSX11 Big Sur for quite a while, and I can't go back to 10.15.5 which was reported ot work in this thread....Therefore my only hope is that GoPro will fix this stupid issue with the latest version of OSX Catlina.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Yo I posted this a month ago and its seems noone at GoPro care worry abiout such a minor issue, however now that I am looking at purchasing a GoPro 8 or 9 so that I can use it as a webcam...I need confirmation that they will work with OSX Catalina 10.15.7 (if anyone can let me know I'd appreciate it)

Tourist

[ New ]

I can confirm that the Go Pro Black 9 works great as a webcam. Make sure you have a USC C cable that does data as well as power.

Tourist

[ New ]

Mine works but only for about 5 minutes and then gets pixelated and lags. You?

(Mac OS 11.2.1 GoPro 9)

Tourist

[ New ]
I’ve used mine for hours at a time and it has not had a problem.