Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
Tourist

GoPro Webcam Won't Launch

[ New ]

I downloaded the GoProWebCam, and my Mac restarted as expected. 

When I click on GoPro Webcam, nothing happens. The app fails to launch. 

I'm running macOS Catalina 10.15.5 on a MacBook Pro.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro Webcam Won't Launch

[ New ]

Do you have a tray icon that looks like a camera?  It isn't a traditional applicaiton, it is just a tray app that sits on the top bar of your mac.   If it isn't there it might be crashing, and you can send us the crash report by going to /Applications/Utilities and opening the Console.app Inside there you should find a crash report.   please send that to us at dstimm@gopro.com.  

Also please try connecting the camera and using it as a webcam, the driver should be installed and it should work even if the app isn't showing.  

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: GoPro Webcam Won't Launch

[ New ]

Do you have a tray icon that looks like a camera?  It isn't a traditional applicaiton, it is just a tray app that sits on the top bar of your mac.   If it isn't there it might be crashing, and you can send us the crash report by going to /Applications/Utilities and opening the Console.app Inside there you should find a crash report.   please send that to us at dstimm@gopro.com.  

Also please try connecting the camera and using it as a webcam, the driver should be installed and it should work even if the app isn't showing.  

Sightseer

Re: GoPro Webcam unable to detect my camera. PLease help.

[ New ]

I followed the instructions and installed the latest firmware and the webcam software on my mac. But unfortunately, when I launch the Go Pro Webcam app, it fails to detect my camera. Cannot use the webcam. Please help.

Tourist

[ New ]

I correctly installed the beta firmware and MacOS software on Catalina 10.15.5. And it did work. First time. No problems.

Then I installed Catalina 10.15.6 (that solved me MAAAANY other problems) and now... the gopro webcam (same cable, same USB connection) does NOT work anymore.

Any idea if the new OS caused the problem?

Thanks

Tourist

[ New ]

SOLVED (for me):

I reinstalled the desktop software, rebooted Catalina 10.15.6, and now it works again.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I can't seem to get my GoPro Hero 5 to be detected by the Webcam App. I am using an iMac running macOS Catalina Version10.15.7

Thank you for your help.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have the GoPro v1.0.224 installed on macOS Catalina Version 10.15.7 and the utility is not detecting any webcams.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have MACOS 11.0.1 Big Sur and I have the same issue with my Hero 7 Black the gopro webcam app version 1.0224 does not detect the connected gopro camera via USB (it is just charging and showing USB connected).