Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
Tourist

GoPro Webcam App and Windows 10 Microphone Recording Levels

[ New ]

For now, I have given up on the latest Webcam app beta version for Windows 10. No matter what I try I cannot get a preview from the app and there is no video display in any of my conferencing apps (Skype, Teams, Zoom). I can connect to the camera and the conferencing apps are aware of the camera, but no video at all.

I also experienced a really annoying side effect of installing the Webcam app.  Windows 10 mic recording levels dropped down to almost zero and could not be changed!  The first conference call I was on after installing the Webcam app, people kept telling me that they could not hear me and to talk louder and closer to the mic. That helped a little (very little) but it was a nightmare of a conference call!

After getting off of that meeting I immediately uninstalled the Webcam app and rebooted. My normal recording level controls had returned.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this on Windows 10. Something for GoPro to look into I guess.